Need thoughts please..

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by horseyjess, Sep 7, 2009.

1. horseyjess

horseyjess Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2009
    SW Florida
    It had been determined that I have to may roosters. So I put my Roos that I am trying to sell on Craigslist before taking them to the auction. This is a part of the response I have recieved... I am a bit puzzled if you dont have 15 to buy a roo and you are selling hens... I have the sex link and other cheaper if he was wanting a roo to eat.. Plus the sex link is larger anyway. What do you think also if I did just do what he wants what for?? Hummmmm OPINIONS [​IMG] Here is part of his email back...

If I could interest you in one or a combination of what I have to offer....3 Buff Brahma Bantam hens, 2 Buff Brahma/Turken Bantam hens, 3 Rhode Island Reds 2-3 months old 2 roos 1 hen, 2 Red Stars 2-3 months old 1 roo and 1 hen and a 2 month old Turken hen rusty colored (I don't have a pic of the 2 month old turken because I was not planning on selling her). If interested, email me back with your trade offer.

2. K8tieCat

K8tieCat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2007
    Northern California
    Can you repeat that in English?

3. Soccer Mom

Soccer Mom Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2009
    West of Crazy
    He's not interested in buying your roo. He just wants to sell/trade you some of his birds. Just send back a message of "No thanks" and move on (unless you really want some of this guy's birds).

4. horseyjess

Sep 2, 2009
    SW Florida
    Quote:Ok selling roosters on Craigs list. Someone sent an email back that he doesnt have money to buy. Would like to trade because he is selling some chickens but only wants one of the pure bred BR roos. If he was going to eat it I would think he would want the sexlink he is larger. I cant understnad if you are broke why you would need a roo. I want the roos to be barn boys not food. Would you trade him for what he has listed or what is your thoughts?

5. horseyjess

Sep 2, 2009
    SW Florida
    Quote:Right I get that, my thing is not that I have to many birds but rather to many roos. What do you think of what he is offering trade or take the boys to the auction?

6. Beekissed

Beekissed True BYC Addict

Trade the roo for some hens if you want more hens. Sounds like he wants the BR roo for breeding and not for eating.

7. horseyjess

Sep 2, 2009
    SW Florida
    Quote:Ok I would do that but opinions on what to do the trade with what he stated he would trade???

8. Beekissed

Beekissed True BYC Addict

I would trade your roo for two of his hens, if he goes for it. I think, if you are selling your roo for $15 and young pullets usually go for $5-$7 ea. then this would be a fair trade. After all, you need to shed a roo and don't really need the money for the sale, so why not get a few hens out of the bargain?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by