Need to build me a good winter coop in Orange County NY

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by SueMuffin, Oct 7, 2010.

1. SueMuffin

SueMuffin Out Of The Brooder

Jul 30, 2010
    Hudson Valley, NY
    Hi, I hope this is a topic for this forum. I live in Orange county NY and I am looking for someone to build me a good size 8'x 8' or 10'x 10' coop with an enclosed run about 8'x 12". If your in the Orange County area and can build it soon please drop me a note here. Buying one and having it delivered is not an option, cant get a truck into the back yard!! Thanks

2. Judy

Judy Chicken Obsessed Staff Member Premium Member

Feb 5, 2009
    South Georgia
  3. woodsman

woodsman Out Of The Brooder

Jun 14, 2010
    saugerties, ny
    That first reply is pretty funny! Hi SueMuffin I live in Ulster and just happened to post a reply in an attempt to get some info on coops. If you look at my post(woodsman) you will see that I don't have much experience, but I am a handy retired guy. If you have trouble getting a carpenter and you have a design I might be able to help. Where in Orange are you located? Best, r

4. SueMuffin

SueMuffin Out Of The Brooder

Jul 30, 2010
    Hudson Valley, NY
    This is the first time I have found this post, still learning to navigate this site!! And not a computer geek by any stretch of the imagination! Woodsman I am in the town of Newburgh/ wallkill area. I have found a carpenter, and he is building me a nice 8x12 coop. But thanks for the offer! I hope he finishes before the first frost, my old coop is painfully lacking in draft protection.

5. LynneP

LynneP Chillin' With My Peeps

Our climate is similar, some ideas below- we're building a second coop now.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by