need to convince grossed out hubby that DLM is the way to go!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Zigapor, Sep 13, 2012.

1. Zigapor

Zigapor Out Of The Brooder

Sep 9, 2012
    ON
    my husband is thoroughly grossed out by the idea of having chicken poop laying around for months on end :/ lol, I told him we could clean it out twice a year if that would make him feel better, but he still doesn't find it appealing at all.

so... how do I convince him that it's not as gross as he thinks? he doesn't want to read anything online, says gross is gross is gross regardless of what others think... ugh!

2. javamilk99

javamilk99 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 8, 2012
    Princess Anne, MD
    Do DLM but tell him you are cleaning it out regularly...say, after he leaves for work or before he gets home? [​IMG] unless you work longer hours than he does - then, I got nothin'.

3. satay

satay oz-e-chick

Sep 2, 2008
    Esk Qld Australia
    Tell him deep litter method or he gets to clean out the coop all the time.

4. Zigapor

Sep 9, 2012
    ON
    well, he works at home, and i'm a [email protected], so although the "tell him you did it while he was at work" thing is a good idea, it won't work for us!!!

5. 4 Love of Baby Chickens

4 Love of Baby Chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Does your coop stink? With the DLM, it will not stink at all unless you accidently drop buckets of water on the shavings. Seriously, it's the best thing I've ever done. Just gotta buy some more shavings for the winter in a couple months.

6. Zigapor

Sep 9, 2012
    ON
    well, no, but that's because we don't actually have chickens yet :/
    I'm trying to gt all this worked out before we get the birds!

7. Bear Foot Farm

Bear Foot Farm Overrun With Chickens

Mar 31, 2008
    Grifton NC
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2012

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by