Need to find home for My Pekin Ducks

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by SAM1646, Nov 11, 2010.

1. SAM1646

SAM1646 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 21, 2010
    Washington Twp, Mi
    I live in Romeo Michigan and I love my ducks, they are approx 6 months old, but winter is coming and I put them in the chicken coop with the silkies and they are just not happy. I cant let them free range to much anymore since I am having a problem with my HOA and they need a nice place to roam and swim. If anyone can help me I just want them to go to a good home and not the dinner table.

Thanks

Shelley

2. dianaross77

dianaross77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2010
    Grand Blanc, MI
    Are they boys or girls?

3. mommyofthreewithchicks

mommyofthreewithchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2010
    Minnesota
    You could post this in the duck thread to see if you get more response.

How many Pekin ducks? I have put my 30 ducks with my 30 chickens. We just finished the run outside that is next to where I intended the ducks to sleep- but because they had to go in with the chickens in their sleep spot while we were finishing things I have just decided that they are fine with the chickens. I feed them in the chicken/sleep area and have one spot in the "duck" spot where I water (and it does get messy). And I water outside in their run. So far it is working and hopefully it will still work in the winter.

4. SAM1646

SAM1646 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 21, 2010
    Washington Twp, Mi
    Both are drakes and I took them as a rescue that someone had dumped in a pond. Very friendly. Hate to part with them.

5. dianaross77

Oct 10, 2010
    Grand Blanc, MI
    Sent you a PM. [​IMG]

6. dianaross77

Oct 10, 2010
    Grand Blanc, MI
    [​IMG] Well I brought these babies home tonight. The kids are really happy about their new buddies. I put down bedding in their kennel when we got home. We filled up a concrete mixing tub and the smaller one had a nice bath. They had a some strawberries and cantaloupe, tried to add us to the bottom of their pecking order (most amusing). The bigger of the two tried to jump on my 4 year old's back! I used the advice of some duck people and gave them a gentle hold at the end of the bill and said "no". They got the idea pretty quick. They complain quite alot when i go into the kennel to bother them but quiet down as soon as I sit. They have very distinct personalities which can be seen right away. The kids each picked their favorite and didn't have to fight about it either. [​IMG]

7. easttxchick

easttxchick Lone Star Call Ducks

Aug 3, 2009
    Yay for you! Sounds like they will make a wonderful addition to your family!

8. dianaross77

Oct 10, 2010
    Grand Blanc, MI
    So far, even though they are still nervous, we're enjoying them. We are waiting to get the yard marked for a privacy fence so they are hanging out in the basement in a kennel. I will post pics tomorrow for their previous mommy of their new hangout. Yay, Ducks!

9. vickie2133

vickie2133 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2009
    Corbin
    Happy Ending, I love those.

10. can you hear me now?

can you hear me now? Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2008
    Southwest Missouri
    Same here. I miss our ducks. Think I will get some this year.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by