1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    Not a member yet? join BYC here & then introduce yourself in our community forum here.

Need to identify problem

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by jwmac52, Jul 28, 2014.

1. jwmac52

jwmac52 In the Brooder

Jun 20, 2013
    What could this be on the back of her neck?[​IMG]

2. jwmac52

jwmac52 In the Brooder

Jun 20, 2013
    I tried to zoom in on it...[​IMG]

3. cafarmgirl

cafarmgirl Crowing

Are you talking about the bald spot of the back of barred rock's head/neck? From what I can see in the pic it just looks like an area of feather loss, either from picking or possibly lice or mites. Have you checked them over very carefully for external parasites?

4. jwmac52

jwmac52 In the Brooder

Jun 20, 2013
    The don't usually let me catch them, I'll have to initiate some help. I thought it looked like a tick...

5. city slicker

city slicker Hatching

Jul 28, 2014
    I have a pullet all black 4 toes feathered feet black face no comb and has dark skin n will lay dark eggs. Any ideas what she is

6. city slicker

city slicker Hatching

Jul 28, 2014
    [​IMG]

7. cafarmgirl

cafarmgirl Crowing

I can see a little better what your talking about but not well enough to take a guess at what's going on.

8. cafarmgirl

cafarmgirl Crowing

It's better if you start your own thread and post your pic's there, somebody will probably be able to suggest what your bird may be.

9. jwmac52

jwmac52 In the Brooder

Jun 20, 2013
    I tried catching her to get a better picture and maybe try cleaning it, but she's kinda smarter than me!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: