1. There is currently a quarantine in place in the area surrounding and containing the Southern California counties of Los Angeles County and Riverside County for Virulent Newcastle Disease. The quarantine strictly restricts movements of poultry, eggs, supplies and other items that can spread vND. Please do not list items for sale originating from either county without written permission from the CDFA. Please see here for more details

Need to purchase eggs

Discussion in 'Other Poultry - Birds & Hatching Eggs' started by Causfahl, May 12, 2019.

1. Causfahl

Causfahl Hatching

May 10, 2019
    Hello! We live in Metamora, IL. My daughter has an immune system disorder and cannot eat chicken eggs. Her doctor said it is worth trying quail eggs. We are zoned ag and can raise quail IF we can determine she can eat them. Is there anyone local we can purchase some eggs from to determine if she reacts before I plunge headlong into raising quail??? Thanks so much!!!

2. Cyprus

Cyprus Master of the 'never give up' attitude

Jan 19, 2018
    SE Wisconsin
    My Coop
  3. Have you checked your grocery store? I live in a small town and the grocery stores around here have them. That might be a first step.

sourland likes this.
  4. noideawhatimdoing

noideawhatimdoing In the Brooder

May 8, 2019
    we usually get ours from Chinese of Russian grocery stores. (live in Ontario)

Wee Farmer Sarah and sourland like this.
  5. sourland

sourland Broody Magician

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Welcome to BYC. Try accessing your state thread and see if someone there can help.

Wee Farmer Sarah likes this.
  6. JenniferDuBay

JenniferDuBay Songster

Jul 27, 2016
    Floral City, FL
    Would duck eggs work for you? I could send you some once I start setting my latest group sometime next week. Or does it have to be quail?

7. Causfahl

Causfahl Hatching

May 10, 2019
    Yes, with no luck. Thanks for the suggestion though.

8. Causfahl

Causfahl Hatching

May 10, 2019
    Thank you, but it has to be quail.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: