Need to re-home Silver Sebright cockrel

Discussion in 'Animals In Need of Free Re-Homing' started by crowcreek, Aug 13, 2013.

1. crowcreek

crowcreek Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2013
    I have a 4 month old Silver Sebright cockrel I want to re-home. I live in Barhamsville Virginia. It is about 45 minutes east of Richmond. I am keeping my six chickens including "Bob" in a 4X8 chicken tractor. As I am going back to school ( I teach) I will not have as much time as I did this summer to free range so I worry about too many crowded togehter.
    Bob is very protective of his hens and I am timid with roos as I was attaked by a friends roo a couple years ago. I Want to down size and have just hens. I have two very nicely laced and sweet tempered Sebright pullets. I may be willing to let them go with him if someone wanted to try breeding them.

[​IMG]

2. SilkiesForEver

SilkiesForEver Overrun With Chickens

Mar 24, 2012
    Sacramento, CA
    Where did you purchase him? He's beautiful!

Last edited: Aug 13, 2013
  3. crowcreek

Jul 20, 2013
    Tractor Supply. The pullets that came with him are nice too. I am not a really knowledgable person but they have nice lacing.

4. crowcreek

Jul 20, 2013
    I wish we had a more active 4-H. I thought he would be a good project for show.

5. new chick

new chick Out Of The Brooder

Aug 10, 2013
    Georgia
    Really wish I was closer. I live in SE Georgia and would love to have the trio

6. crowcreek

Jul 20, 2013

The problem with with a forum is that
    Most of us live so far away from each other. I love the Sebright pullets but they are very attached to him and would make nice chicks I think. I thought it would make it easier to re-home him if they went too. Can't imagine anyone would want to eat those tiny little things.

7. crowcreek

Jul 20, 2013

I was wrong, forgot, I got the Sebrights from a locally run place called Jamestown feed and seed. There is a lady there they cal the chicken lady. She orders all the chicks.

8. new chick

new chick Out Of The Brooder

Aug 10, 2013
    Georgia
    Is there anyway to maybe ship them to me, and do you have any idea how much it would cost? I am just starting in chickens and want to breed NOT eat any. I have a pair of OEGB Silver Duckwings and a pair of Black Cochin Bantams. Been looking for Seabrights with not much luck. If it is wrong time of year to ship I understand. Cannot believe someone hasn't grabbed these beauties up.

9. crowcreek

Jul 20, 2013
    Hmmm, I would not have any idea how to ship. I would imagine it is costly. Williamsburg Va. Is a lovely place to visit! I have not
    Posted them in the local Craig's list yet. I am waiting to hear from a friend who knows several people with lots of chickens.
    The Roo is a bit too protective for me. The pullets are sooo sweet and funny.

10. crowcreek

Jul 20, 2013
    These are the pullets. [​IMG][/IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by