Need to rehome my male Pekin

jacquebraun

Hatching
5 Years
Apr 26, 2014
Norman, ok
I've had Anthony Bourdain for about a year. He's a Pekin duck. He and a chick named Chalupa joined our little chicken flock last year. The are best friends. However, he has recently been attacking one of the other chickens. I'm afraid of he may kill her. I hate to get rid of him and separate him from his best friend, but I don't know what else to do Any ideas on rehoming a single male duck? I don't suppose he would survive if I brought him out to the local duck pond.

No, he most likely will not survive if you brought him to the local duck pond. Pekins can't fly at all and are completely defenseless against predators.

Have you tried Craigslist? Facebook? Someone out there must be looking for a duck. Or, maybe you could get him a couple of girlfriends to take his mind off the chickens?

Dumping him a the local pond is a very bad idea. He most likely will no survive very long at all.

I think your problem is that you don't have enough females so he is scoping out the chickens. Ducks and chickens mating is very bad to the chickens too. You are in a tough situation. You need to protect your hens but also your duck will be lonely if she doesn't have another duck buddy. Any chance you can get more ducks? Or you could get rid of him and pick up another females?

You can try posting here on the free rehoming thread, the where am I? Where are you? Under your state or Craigslist.

Poor horny little guy. He's needing some female companionship, any chance of getting a duck hen or two? At the least you need to separate him from your chicken hens as a drake can damage a chicken by trying to mate her.

I would love to adopt your duck and give him a great home! big safe yard and pond, located in Fuquay Varina NC. Where are you located?

It's illegal to drop domestic birds off at local ponds...He would surely die....
Why not make a Duck pen and get some females?....

And if you hate to get rid of him, why on earth would there even be a thought to dump him at a local duck pond to be killed by a wild animal?? That is just heartless, IMHO.

Back
Top Bottom