1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

need to relocate our chickens because of health

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by canmanstl, Sep 4, 2014.

1. canmanstl

canmanstl New Egg

Oct 12, 2013
    My name is Patrick ( canmanstl ) because of recent changes in my health, I can no longer take care of our chickens. I am writing to you to see if you could give me some direction on what I can do to give up our birds. We live in Wright City MO, I don't know if there are other BYC members in this area or not. I would appreciate any help or advice that you could offer. If needed our number is 314-302-2959. I thank you anything you may be able to do. I guess that I should let anyone/everyone know that our girls are about 15 months old, and have been very good egg layers! (because that's what chickens do) We have 4 Rhode Island Reds, and 5 Isa Browns. Anyone that is interested can also reach me at cannadystl@yahoo.com

2. chickenlover09

chickenlover09 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2014
    I don't really know, but if you love your birds don't give them away. Charge whoever buys them a feeof at leas $15 (that seems like a lot, but I wouldn't want some stranger eating my girls). You can put them on petfinder, maybe you can hang up some signs at your local feed supplier/petstore. Do you know anyone else with chickens that you can give them to?

3. AnnieSantiago

AnnieSantiago Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2014
    Portland, Oregon
    Patrick, when I had to rehome Penny, I put an ad on craigslist.
    It is free.

I had several offers to take her at $20.
    People are looking for hens right now.

I asked a lot of questions because I wanted her in a small flock.

4. canmanstl

canmanstl New Egg

Oct 12, 2013
    This a.m. we were able to relocate our chickens locally. It was truly with heavy heart, but some joy knowing that they will be well cared for. I want to thank everyone that was of interest, and those for the tips. Thank you BYC.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by