Need to replenish my flock in INDIANA silkies,cochin,polish

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Vamp-A-Billy Princess, Jul 3, 2008.

1. Vamp-A-Billy Princess

Vamp-A-Billy Princess Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2008
    Indiana
    I wa stotally wiped out by the gnat plague and I am looking to replenish my flock. I lost all my cochins, all my frizzles, and all my silkies. I am also looking for polish and sultans. I have been trying to hatch eggs but with the weather and the post office I am not having much luck. I would be willing to trade some standard pullets since I am trying to get into the more ornamental thing. I also have a very cute BR cockeral that is very sweet that I could trade or silver phoenix eggs or mixed eggs to trade also. I am a half hour south of Bloomington In.

2. kentuckysilkies

kentuckysilkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 20, 2007
    Winchester Kentucky
    I don't have anything ready to go right now, but I have an experimental pen going (Frizzled Showgirl roo covering Silkie hens and one Frizzled Naked Neck X Silkie hen). They are producing some neat chicks. I will only be interested in keeping the naked necked females. Any with feathered necks will be looking for a new home in the fall. If you are interested, I will send pictures of what I have at that time. I travel to Austin several times a year.

3. dacjohns

dacjohns People Cracker Upper

I have some light brahmas and some Easter eggers but I am 200 miles, 4 hours driving from you.

Also have some "designer chicks".

4. peeps7

peeps7 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2007
    North Carolina
    I have polish eggs (buff laced and buff-laced x white crested blue/black/splash), I could try to hatch you some but I don't know how it would go. I don't really need anymore chickens but we can work something out.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2008
  5. chickychee

chickychee Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2008
    Michigan
    What is the Gnat Plague? A lady I sold some eggs to down in Indiana said she lost a couple eggs to gnats. I have had problems with flies, but not gnats.

6. ccrecelius

ccrecelius Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2008
    French Lick, Indiana
    I am not that far from you, I live in French Lick. But I just got started with my chickens. Sorry!

You would not believe the amount gnats that we have had here! Swarms of them! Everyone's talking about about them. They say it is because of all of the rain that we have had. They seem to be thinning out though.

I have 4 Polish, they are about 6 weeks old. I don't think I am going to able to get rid of any of them.

7. Mom 2em All

Mom 2em All Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2008
    Southeast Michigan
    Vamp-

How far away from me are you? I have the two show girls, two silkies, and a bunch of Easter eggers. They are all babies but if you aren't too far....we could meet.

I also just put my frizzle eggs in the incubator. They were in the mail for a week! But, if any hatches out, I will gladly share.

Need any quail?

edit:

Crud- you are 5 1/2 hours away from me- however, if you know of anyone who travels south-I could give them these to bring to you.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by