Need to vent! Animal Cruelty...

SGM

Songster
11 Years
Aug 18, 2008
Easley, SC
I am an animal lover like all of you so I know you all will understand how we feel.

Today while we were outside working on the van (yes it wouldn't start this AM so we were trying to find out what was up. We were also waiting on my parents to come by since my father loves working on cars and my DH isn't a car person.)

Anyway, we kept hearing a yelping dog or something. I figured it was the neighbor's up the street who have a chihauhua. We're on a hill so I figured the sound was echoing as it often does. Well DH decided to walk down the street just in case towards the creek and see if there was something down there. I heard him holler for me at one point but with the cars going up the street I couldn't tell what he said. So since I had both my DD (age 6) and DS (age 3) with me I would wait till he got back.

Well here he comes up the street with two puppies in tow. I was hoping we wouldn't have any new dogs too. He gets to me and says, "someone dumped them." I couldn't believe my ears. He found them in the creek inside a box. Someone literally dumped the box into the creek with live puppies in it. Two drowned in the creek. It just breaks my heart. They are horribly emaciated and look very young. They are small breed dogs too. Uh. How cold hearted can a person be? Why didn't they just take them to the shelter if they didn't want them? That is outright cruel. The worse part is we'll never know who did it and can't prosecute them.

I try to advocate spaying and neutering. It breaks my heart reading ads for puppies and kittens free because someone won't prevent unwanted litters. The kittens and puppies and often the parent animals are the ones who suffer.

I will get pictures of the puppies tomorrow. Tonight they're bedded down in one of my stalls in the goat barn. They have had a meal though I limited it so they wouldn't engorge and get sick. They ate like they hadn't seen food in ages. Poor babies. One is chocolate and tan, male. One is black with a roaned gray on feet and nose, female. My daughter likes the cartoon Max & Ruby (about rabbits) so we are calling them that for now.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Oh my gosh that IS horrible! Good thing your DH found them in time. I know what you mean about the spay and neuter thing. My neighbors have a cat that is pregnant with her THIRD litter this year! Seriously! And from what my mom heard from another neighbor, the Dad of the family said "it's not my responsibility" :mad: Uhhh... Hello?! Its your family's cat! Which means you have responsibility too! His kids are only 13, 11, and 7 I think. What's he expect, his kids to pay for the operation?! And he also said that they want his youngest (daughter) to always have kittens to grow up with. Well, you know what? TOO BAD! GET OVER IT! I'm 15, and I would have loved to have kittens when I was little, but I got over it. I also know that they CAN afford it! They have already paid off their house, are building an extra garage on their property, have a house boat, two jet skis, two porsches, a mini van, and a suburban. Ugh... sorry for this vent. I just hate it when people do stuff like that when they have the time and money... Thank you for saving them
smile.png

(and if I sounded immature at all during this vent because I don't understand the adults perspective, I understand. Just venting though
smile.png
)

Well I do know what its like to grow up with cats and kittens all the time. But eventually I took it upon myself to spay and neuter my parents cats. My dad was against removing the manhood of a male animal of course, but he got over it. I couldn't stand seeing kittens go to the shelter so I did something about it. At the time I was just starting to work and only worked on weekends so all my money went to fixing the cats. Started a role of me into volunteering with animal rescue. I've been a volunteer and foster home for cats and kittens and then for Greyhounds off the track. I'm a sucker and ended up adopting some of my fosters so I can't do it anymore. Animals tend to find me though and we have fixed several cats and rehomed them. Some stay.

Buncha Cranium Excrements!
We got a bunny at work that someone left in a plastic tub on the roof of the parking garage. She's overweight and has some sort of a defect in her shoulder and an URI, but she's such a nice bunny too...

Some days I really hate people!

Thanks for taking care of the puppies.

That is sick! I would like to stick whoever did that in a box and let them drown. What sick people. Sounds like another one of those cases where these idiots dont get their dog fixed, she winds up pregnant, and they just dump the puppies.

Thank you for rescuing them.

Back
Top Bottom