need tractor ideas

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by S n M Poultry, Jun 22, 2008.

1. S n M Poultry

S n M Poultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 31, 2007
    Riverside,CA
    Can you please show me pics or plans of your chicken tractor? I need to build one for about 4-5 bantams or 3 large fowl(NN's to be exact). Im looking to make it out of 1 X 1's, 1 X 2's, or 2 X 2's. Thanks in advance

2. Anny

Anny Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2008
    Detroit Michigan
    If you look at the Coop Design part of the website you can see small chicken coops and tractors and lots of pictures and such.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2008
  3. Fenderville

Fenderville Out Of The Brooder

Apr 8, 2008
  4. Poulets De Cajun

Poulets De Cajun Overrun With Chickens

I've been telling everyone this, but if you go to google and click on "images" and then search for "chicken arks" or "chicken tractors" you'll get AMPLE pictures to look at and get ideas from. Its how I built my new pen.

5. 3peeps

3peeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 4, 2007
    Quote:Yes...I've been doing this. Plus, you can find some interesting blogs and some have how-to pictures.

6. Eggseronious

Eggseronious Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 6, 2008
    East Tennessee
    Quote:I done the same thing! Got better results too. [​IMG]

7. Eggseronious

Mar 6, 2008
    East Tennessee
    Quote:I have this one saved in my bookmarks,[​IMG] its good.

8. lost

lost Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2008
    ,nc
    This is mine right now i have rabbits in it.I riped 2by4rs down.Cut little pieces of 1/2 inch plywood to connect the ends so they wouldn't split.On the run end I had a old window frame for the door to get in.Then on the house end I am able to get in also.Didn't have hinges I used wire.Gocart wheels so it would be easy to move.All i had to buy was the wire I bought rabbit wire because it was pretty strong.My total cost was $10.Hope this helps.I'm getting ready to build two more as soon as I get the wheels.The person who has some are gone on vacation.So if anybody has a better idea please share

[​IMG]
    If you need a better pic let me know

Last edited: Jun 23, 2008
  9. Eggseronious

Mar 6, 2008
    East Tennessee
    Now that one is so cute my boys would have it dragged all over the yard. I can see them now! [​IMG]

10. Poulets De Cajun

Poulets De Cajun Overrun With Chickens

Quote:This website is the best website for folks who live in the City. I absolutely love this site. It too was a major contribution to the idea bank that I used to build my coop. I definitely recommend it to anyone living in or near a city.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by