Need Transport Ideas for a Special Cat Named Butterscotch (PA to ME)

Widget

Songster
11 Years
Sep 30, 2008
Limington, Maine
Hey fellow peeps. A few months ago I asked for some ideas getting my friend's dog from NC to ME so I could foster him while she is deployed overseas. He made it and is now settled in here for the next few months.
smile.png

But now I need your ideas to help another furry four-legged creature. A friend of mine in the Scranton, PA area runs a rescue. She is overflowing with cats and kittens right now. She just posted about a cat that she recently took in. The poor boy was seriously abused but has a strong spirit. I would post what was done to him but don't want to get graphic. After reading his story I offered to take him if she can get him to Maine. She has some connections but I figured I would call on this great bunch of people to see if anyone can offer Butterscotch a ride even if it is only for a few miles. Between this group and the friends of the rescue I am sure we can get Butterscotch to his forever home.

Last edited:
Thank you. I know there are plenty of cats here you need a home but this little guy just got to me. And my friend is doing everything she can to help animals in her area. Unfortunately she is at capacity and I wanted to help.

A bit more about Butterscotch. He was rescued from a very abusive home. He was held down and kicked repeatedly. He had air freshener sprayed in his eyes. He was attacked by a dog. And then just for fun the person who 'owned' him put him in an oven. The cat has been neutered, given all his shots, checked for leukemia and had treatment for fleas. But thanks to his abuse he has a ruptured ear drum and may lose an eye. Even with all that his personality is great. Amazing what animals can go through an still want to associate with humans.

Here's a picture of Butterscotch. He goes back to the vet tomorrow for a check on his eye and ruptured eardrum. He is almost done with antibiotics. Once the vet clears him he can be transported up here.

16470_284666_1990458758336_1149373598_31943169_4143168_n.jpg

Some people are just sick.

That being said, put me down for a run somewhere along the line, not sure where I fit in geographically, but I could do an hour or so run

Just found out there might be one person from Scranton who is willing to take care of the transport to the ME/NH line.
smile.png
Will find out more in the next few days. All depends on the vet's verdict tomorrow.

To make the whole story even more horrific the people who did this to the cat have children and did those horrible things in front of a ten year old girl.

Back
Top Bottom