Need turkey egg rack for Hovabator turner. Will trade quail egg racks

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by chickfillhay, Mar 3, 2008.

1. chickfillhay

chickfillhay Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 31, 2007
    Berlin Nh
    I just bought the Hovabator 1588 (Sounds like Wow wow Wubsy's rabbit friend invented it!) [​IMG]
    Anyway, I purchased it with the egg turner. It includes quail egg racks which I don't need. I have no plans to ever raise quail. BUT...I do want to raise Turkeys and Peafowl. So pretty soon (after I master the hovabator) I will want to hatch some turkeys. So I would like to trade these quail racks for turkey racks. Any takers???... [​IMG]

[​IMG] By the way, If I DO master the hovabater....HMMM...What does that make me?.....Just thinking out lout again!!!!!! [​IMG]

Thanks Ya'll!
    Chickfillhay

2. hazelton farms

hazelton farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2008
    NC
    [​IMG]

A really good hatcher! LOL!

Stacy

3. chickfillhay

Dec 31, 2007
    Berlin Nh
    Quote:BOK BOK!! [​IMG] ....THANKS CHICK!

4. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    The turners typically also come with chicken egg racks..didn't it come with those? That is what we use when we incubate turkey eggs. I don't believe there are turkey racks for those turners, but I could be wrong. Sometimes if the eggs are too round, you have to place them every other slot, but it works well.

Jody

5. chickfillhay

Dec 31, 2007
    Berlin Nh
    Why yes they do! In fact, I am going to hatch some test chicks (hopefully soon).
    But I was under the impression the chicken turner is too small for turkey and peafowl.
    Don't I need the goose/turkey rack instead. Or is that just another add-on I don't really need?

6. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    It would depend on the size of your turkey eggs (I don't know anything about peafowl, sorry). Most heritage breed turkey eggs are about the same size as a large breed chicken. I guess you could get the bigger racks and they would definitely fit better, but I would check to see if they fit the chicken racks and save yourself the hassle. I know my wild turkey eggs fit my chicken racks ok as long as you don't plan to fill it (every other spacing). If they don't, then you'll have to get the bigger ones but thought I'd throw the suggestion out there. [​IMG]

Jody

7. chickfillhay

Dec 31, 2007
    Berlin Nh
    THANKS! [​IMG]

As soon as I get some turkey eggs, I will try.
    But for now I have about 13 tester eggs in my bator now.
    They are due on Easter. There is a nursery near by and he just happens to raise chickens and turkeys. He GAVE me 8 little ones. [​IMG] Don't know how old. But they are doing great. As for they eggs to test. [​IMG] He gave them to me too. I'll let you all know how things go in the proper forum!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by