need turkey help eye swolen

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by bigdawg, Sep 19, 2010.

1. bigdawg

bigdawg AA Poultry

Jun 28, 2009
    middle tenn
    i have a royal palm hen that has a swolen eye and side of her head is swolen. what is it and how do i treat her. the side of her head is swolen more than her eye. thanks for the help

2. Steve_of_sandspoultry

Steve_of_sandspoultry Overrun With Chickens

sent you a PM

Steve

3. cluckoldhen

cluckoldhen Out Of The Brooder

Oct 7, 2009
    Warrenton VA
    I would like to know too!!!

4. bigdawg

bigdawg AA Poultry

Jun 28, 2009
    middle tenn
    steve of sands poultry said it was a sinus infection. isolate the bird and get tylan powder and mix in the water. there is also the injectable kind if you know how to give shots...co-op, tsc , most feed stores should have it

5. OmaBird

OmaBird Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2010
    CA High Desert
  6. OmaBird

OmaBird Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2010
    CA High Desert
    Here is a video where Frank Reese talks about what he did when his birds got MG.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2010
  7. cluckoldhen

cluckoldhen Out Of The Brooder

Oct 7, 2009
    Warrenton VA
    [​IMG]
    she was fine this morning,,I put some tetracycaline in their water..she seems alert and is eating some. Its just so weird that it would all of a sudden come up like this!

8. Steve_of_sandspoultry

Steve_of_sandspoultry Overrun With Chickens

Quote:How is it working out for you ? I'm curious to find out how actual experience compares to "cut and paste" by others.

Steve

9. bigdawg

bigdawg AA Poultry

Jun 28, 2009
    middle tenn
    well, all i could find mon was the duramyacin, at our co-op, she is not any better or worse, about the same. other than the side of her head swolen she seems fine. i live out in the sticks, so when my wifee gets of work wed she is going on a tylan powder hunt. her eye is open, just the side of her head is swolen. reminds you of a bad bee sting. and i would like to thank steve of sands poultry for the helpful, hands on advice. thanks

10. Boggy Bottom Bantams

Boggy Bottom Bantams Overrun With Chickens

Mar 9, 2008
    Hahira, GA
    Tractor Supply store have it, or order some from
    www.jeffers.com
    It definitely sounds like a sinus or mycoplasma infection. Tylan is great for both, or any med that is based for mycoplasma infections will work if you cant find Tylan. If mycoplasma (chronic respiratory disease) it is contagious, treat all your birds for a few days, usually takes a week or two to get over it, no fast over night cure for it

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by