Need Turkey pics!

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by dustytrailhamburgs, Sep 9, 2011.

1. dustytrailhamburgs

dustytrailhamburgs Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 25, 2011
    For the website I am building for my 4H kids, I am trying to put an example of the recognized breeds of poultry (waterfowl, turkeys, guineas and chickens).

I am currently working on the turkey page, but only have a bronze and narrangansett tom thus far.

If anyone has any GOOD, clear pictures of a good representative of a specific breed/variety (no commercial types please just APA recognized breeds for now) can you please send them to me via email or PM (or link your website if you have photos up there)?

Please be sure to include what breed/variety in the email that way I can sort through them a little faster. The images will also be used to make flashcards later on for the kids to study. ( I AM aware of feathersite and other things along those lines, but I am trying to have our site a little more focused on APA breeds and organized in an easier fashion for the kids to understand)

In exchange, I will give you props underneath your photos when the website is launched. (be sure to include your name!) I'm trying to get as many pictures as possible, so the kids can use the website for independent study. I can also link your websites (if you have one). my email is [email protected].

Thanks in advance, and you all ROCK.

2. TurkeyLover22

TurkeyLover22 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 13, 2011
    I think the breed of this turkey poult is of Broad Breasted Bronze [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. dustytrailhamburgs

dustytrailhamburgs Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 25, 2011
    What a cutie! Thanks! Anyone have any more?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by