Need vacation advice

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Acre of Blessings, Jun 9, 2008.

1. Acre of Blessings

Acre of Blessings Canning/Sewing Addict

Apr 3, 2008
    Axton, VA
    My hubby and I are wanting to take our 3 kids on a ""MINI"" vacation before the economy get to the point that we will never be able to go anywhere. My question is......Where can you take a family of 5 for under $450?

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2008
  2. morelcabin

morelcabin Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2007
    Ontario Canada
    How old are the kids? Could you find a place that does canoe trips or hiking/camping trips near you? State parks are alot of fun, they always have entertainment in the evenings...do you have camping equipment?

3. angelmarie

angelmarie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2008
    bakersfield
    i agree camping is something you just can't quite out into words, i luv it!

4. morelcabin

morelcabin Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2007
    Ontario Canada
    It is cheap and loads of fun. I have many fond memories of camping with my parents as a kid... and we spent alot of time camping with our kids when they were young too, kids LOVE the simple things

5. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    Carolina Beach, Angela! We did that one year on a whim with only $100 for the whole weekend and had a blast. We camped at Carolina Beach State Park for $13 a night, went crabbing off of the park pier, and played on the beach. It was great! It might cost a bit more now, with the gas and food the way it is, but it could easily be done for under $450. [​IMG]

6. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    the world fried chicken fest in London Ky. Its sep25-27. My family and me will be there. We have family down there.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by