Need visible dome incubator instruction manual

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by bowdee, May 22, 2010.

1. bowdee

bowdee New Egg

May 22, 2010
    I've been able to control the urge to hatch my own. Until now.... My son ( enabler #1) brought home a LaPine Scientific CO Visible Dome Incubator. My friend ( enabler #2) just happened to find someone with fertilized eggs willing to join the fun. Enabler # 3 said they would take whatever I hatch. I either need an instruction manual for the unit or therapy to get past this predicament. Any help out there??

2. paddock36

paddock36 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 24, 2008
    Ocala, Florida
    Is it one of those that only holds about 3 chicken eggs and is yellow on the bottom? If so I used to have one so I might be able to help.

3. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Did you try google?

4. bowdee

bowdee New Egg

May 22, 2010
    It has a transparent red dome and looks like it could hold 20 + . There were no racks or trays. I was hoping a manual would guide me in purchasing. I have not found any info on Google. However, I found an identical unit for sale on E-bay.

5. Lotsapaints

Lotsapaints Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2010
    Paso Robles, CA
    It doesn't look like it's really for eggs but what the hay you gotta try. Get a hydrometer/thermometer calibrate it and run it and see how well it keeps temp and you need a container for water and see how it holds the humidity if you can find a shallow tray that you could put a piece of hardware cloth over it then your eggs would be over the water in a way that your chicks when they hatch wouldn't drown I would run it empty for at least 3 days to make sure it functions good enough to try go for it and good luck

6. bowdee

bowdee New Egg

May 22, 2010
    Thanks! I'll pick one up tomorrow and get started. Do you think 6 is too many to do a test run? I can get as many as I need but I don't want to waste them.

7. Lotsapaints

Mar 17, 2010
    Paso Robles, CA
    first make sure it will work right then put as many as you want in there I have better luck with more eggs than less does that enable you enough? I hope so then you need to join up with the June hatch a long so we can see how it works out

8. bowdee

bowdee New Egg

May 22, 2010
    :lol:Just what I need ... one more enabler!! I plugged the unit in after my last post. It just has a thermometer right now but that should get me close until tomorrow. I'm getting the eggs Wednesday. I'm now thinking a dozen but with all the encouragement I'm getting who knows.....

9. bowdee

bowdee New Egg

May 22, 2010
    Can you believe no hydrometer/thermometer at Tractor Supply or Agway? I will have to order on-line.Tractor Supply did have a Little Giant 9200 incubator and egg turner and fan for under $100. Almost came home with me. I thought I better check the reviews on these pages first.

10. Lotsapaints

Mar 17, 2010
    Paso Robles, CA
    have a pet smart? Reptile dept will have them and they work just a good as the ones at Walmart I find the farm supply places don't carry them

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by