Need Your help, all Purina Dog & Cat Food Users..

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by lockedhearts, Jan 23, 2009.

1. lockedhearts

lockedhearts It's All About Chicken Math

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    I am trying to be creative. I need to have my 2 male dogs and 1 female dog fixed, since I am unemployed right now and fighting my Benefits, I thought this might work.
    I am a member of the Purina Club, I can send in weight labels from Dog Food and get points, if I get enough I can get them to send a check, made out to my vet, this would allow me to get this done for my dogs health and my sanity.

So, if I could get anyone's help I would greatly appreciate it.
    Purina ONE gets the most points per pound, but Dog Chow, Puppy Chow, Little Bites (what I use) any Purina Food that has a weight label.

I will gladly send you a Stamped Self Addressed Envelope for these.

I need 35,000 points and it would take forever to get there on my own.

I truly appreciate any help I can get.

I have about 3000 right now in my account.

Please PM me if you can help and I will send an envelope to you.

Thanks and God Bless!

UPDATE:
    I Truly thank the ones who have offered to help! If you can help I really really appreciate it. Thank You!

Last edited: Jan 24, 2009
  2. farmergal

farmergal Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 21, 2008
    Nor Cal
    I don't use Purina but I think that's a great creative solution, and I hope that other BYCers do use Purina and can help you out!!! GOOD LUCK!

3. lockedhearts

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    Thanks! I have gotten better at being creative, funny how half the income coming in will make you do that.
    I checked the Low Cost Clinics and I can't even afford those, so this is a viable solution. I talked to my vet and all my dogs need rabies and heartworm tests/prevention plus flea drops, he said if I can get the check done, he will do all for $350 for all my dogs, that includes Spaying the one, neutering the 2 males and rabies , heartworm and flea drops for everyone (I have 7 total)

This is a big savings and the vet is doing his part to help.

4. AussieSharon

AussieSharon Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2007
    Virginia
    Have you contacted your animal control or done a search for free spay/neuter clinics in your area. Here in the Richmond, Va area there is a clinic that does very low cost and FREE spay/neuters. The vets donate their time.

5. lockedhearts

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    I did contact the Low Cost one here it is $55 for each male dog and $75 for the female, plus rabies shots. This is what they call Low Cost.
    That was the first place I checked. This is why I talked to my vet, he is willing to do everything I need for the one price so I need to try and get enough ponts to get the check for him. I know that $350 is not much for everything he is going to do. The HeartWorm and Flea Drops are for 6 months for all the dogs. Considering 2 of my dogs are over 45lbs, that is a chunk of change.

6. AussieSharon

AussieSharon Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2007
    Virginia
    wow that's not exactly low cost. When I get some dog food next I'll give you my points. [​IMG]

7. lockedhearts

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    Quote:For some reason GA doe snot seem to want to help people out. That is why I think my vet is giving me a way better deal. Hopefully I will either win my UE appeal and/or be able to find work soon.

Thanks, just PM me if you have some to send and I can mail and SASE to you.

8. Nikki28

Nikki28 David Bowie is my co-pilot

Dec 15, 2008
    That is incredibly nice of your vet to do, the heartworm tests alone will cost him around $35 each and if he uses human grade anasthesia that gets pricey too unless he does it all old fashioned style . I don't use purina foods but I will ask my friends if they use it and send some your way if possible.

9. cluckychick

cluckychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2008
    South of KCMO
    Ya, that what the low cost spay and neuter cost are here to. I also seen an ad on craiglist of a place offering low cost microchip for $10. It said the original cost was $15 but they would offer then for $10 if you brought a donation like dog food, bowls, leashes, that sort of thing. I didn't think that was such a deal.

Anywaz to the OP. My mom uses Purinea so I'll tell her to save her points. She don't use much as all she has is 2 chihuahuas and they don't eat much but every little bit helps.

10. BeardedChick

BeardedChick Chillin' With My Peeps

PM me your address and I'll send a couple - I have one bag of Purina One and need to get more dogfood in the next day or two.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by