Need your Muscovy duck pictures

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by iajewel, Oct 23, 2011.

1. iajewel

iajewel Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 22, 2008
    Corning IA
    Im working on a website that is an attempt to label and describe all colors of Muscovy ducks and help people identify what they have and what they will get when mating certain pairs. I don't have photos of every color out there. I would especially appreciated photos of solids, and unusual colors.
    All photos will be linked to your site if you have one, or credit give to the owner of the duck. Im just starting this project so really Im in need of just about everything and every color. Thank you for helping me with this project.

The site is not up, but the format can be seen at www.muscovyduck.99k.org if you would like to see what it will look like.

2. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Quote:Very nice start, I am excited about this project of yours. Thanks for taking the time to do this. [​IMG]

3. jdywntr

jdywntr Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 31, 2009
    Somerville, AL
  4. iajewel

Oct 22, 2008
    Corning IA
    The time it would take to go back over threads and then contact everyone is mind boggling. It was easier to post here. I love the pics.. I can surely use them. Please PM me with how you want them linked to you, or what credit given.

5. WestKnollAmy

WestKnollAmy The Crazy Chicken Lady Premium Member

Apr 22, 2008
    upstate SC
    I will try to get mine posted here today. I have a good many photos of my chocolate pieds, black pieds and a solid black.

jdywntr,
    yours will change color again next spring. You will see a big difference from their baby color right now to what they feather out like next spring. Totally gorgeous though!

6. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I have others too, if you'd like pics of them. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 23, 2011
  7. ben is a terror

ben is a terror Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2011
    LBI,NJ & JIM THORPE,PA
    Here are some of the kids
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. iajewel

Oct 22, 2008
    Corning IA
    The barred is a perfect example, thank you. I didn't have one that nice yet. The head of the pied is also something some one would question, and a wonderful example of the odd birds I need pics and descriptions of. Thank you all for your help.. this is awesome.

9. DUCKGIRL89

DUCKGIRL89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    Here is a lavender, or a blue/white hen.

[​IMG]

And a (i think) solid blue drake. Correct me if im wrong. Sorry about his bad pic, he didnt want to stand still [​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. iajewel

Oct 22, 2008
    Corning IA
    I can use the one of the white duck, not of the blue. It has to be a good clear photo that shows the whole duck. Love the minimal colored white though.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by