1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Need your opinions, would this work?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by havi, Apr 7, 2009.

1. havi

havi [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Si

Mar 23, 2008
    Waco, Texas
    We're about to start building our 12x12 chicken coop and I want to have a little sign out in front(of the coop) and give it a little name. We live on just a little less than an acre, have a huge garden, a huge shed/garage and then there will be this coop. I have a peach tree and will soon be adding 4 apple trees and some more fruit trees, etc. I want to name the coop "Funny Farm" but Im not sure that quite works. Looking it up in Webster, it doesnt fit..but does that really matter? Do you think people will say something about it? Like if I wanted to call my land 'Vandiver Vineyard', I only have 2 grape vines, so I wouldnt really call it an 'vineyard' per se.

Whats your take on this? Do you have any other suggestions?

ETA: I have..

2 buff orpingtons
    4 easter eggers
    1 rhode island red
    1 araucana(my only roo)
    3 black austrlorps
    3 golden sex-links
    2 white leghorns
    2 gold cuckoo marans
    and soo to have..
    3 cuckoo marans

Last edited: Apr 7, 2009
  2. The Poultry Peanut

The Poultry Peanut lives under rock

How about THE HEN HUT?

3. vortec

vortec Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 29, 2009
    Martin County, NC
    2 buff orpingtons
    4 easter eggers
    1 rhode island red
    1 araucana(my only roo)
    3 black austrlorps
    3 golden sex-links
    2 white leghorns
    2 gold cuckoo marans
    and soo to have..
    3 cuckoo marans

Your fleet looks a lot like mine, a splash of everything, lol. Thats what makes it fun though. As for the name, I have no idea. I named mine the crab pot due to the unique shape of the run with the chicken wire lid but that was kind of unusual. Good luck!

vortec​

4. Whispering Winds

Whispering Winds Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:I think you should call it whatever you feel is good in your heart, and to heck with someone thinking you are goofy, just because you only have two grapes. I always feel like if people want to talk about stuff like that, they have waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much time on their hands. I also always feel like I am taking the heat off of some other poor sucker for the time being. I like the name you picked. Our alpaca farm is going to be Crescent Moon Alpacas, just because we love the moon.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by