NEEDED: A chick in OREGON

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Chamelle, Jun 1, 2008.

1. Chamelle

Chamelle Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2008
    Springfield, OR
    Sadly, only one of my welsummer chicks hatched. She is doing ok, in spite of a rough beginning and some crooked toes.

I need a companion for her. The mirror and stuffed animals are just not doing the job and she is just peeps and peeps constantly.

Anyone in oregon with newly hatched chicks? I found someone on craigslist with a week old silke, but I'm afraid that's too much of an age difference and my baby would get pecked.

Please let me know, ASAP if anyone has a chick available to buy. Or even to rent! [​IMG] Anyone have any packing peanuts that they are looking to get rid of?

Thanks, Cham

2. bugladyleah

bugladyleah Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2008
    PA
    Hi Chamelle...you can contact coffeegirl78 from here. I THINK she has Ameraucanas hatching today (and maybe some other things) that she is wanting to sell. I know she is in OR, but I don't know where...may be too far, but it's worth a shot! Good luck...lonely peeps are so sad to watch!

Leah

3. Tsagirl

Tsagirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 9, 2007
    Eugene,OR
    cham,

I have week olds too, but I don't think it would matter if you just got one. Yours and another one of mine would be great together. [​IMG]

Let me know.

[​IMG]

4. dangerouschicken

dangerouschicken Will Barter For Coffee

May 6, 2007
    Columbia Gorge, OR
    Yay! Oregon chicks finding new homes together [​IMG] !

5. Chamelle

Mar 30, 2008
    Springfield, OR
    Theresa, I PM'd you. I really hope we can work something out, she is sooo sad!

Thanks for the heads up Leah!

Dangerouschicken: [​IMG]

6. Tsagirl

Dec 9, 2007
    Eugene,OR
    Cham it was great meeting you! Your BR hen is so beautiful and I am so excited to have her and someone living so close to make exchanges with! I hope you enjoy your wellsummer baby and please tell me they get along! LOL!
    I am so happy there is this website, I have met some really nice people!
    [​IMG][​IMG]

7. Chamelle

Mar 30, 2008
    Springfield, OR
    It was wonderful to meet you and your family, too!

You would not believe how cute these chicks are! I decided when I got home that since I was going to be around to watch them for a while, that I would forget about the separating wire and just 'see'. They ignored each other for a couple of minutes. Then the tiny baby with her silly duck sandals came wobbling over to the big baby and snugged all up, and they've been right next to each other most of the times since. No problems, no pecking just so sweet. AND QUIET!!! Yay!

I took lots of pics, but my computer troubles leave me with no way to get the photos off my camera. soon, though...

I think i'll post some pics in the raising baby chicks forum as soon as I can.

Thanks again, SOO much, i appreciate you very much.

cham

8. Tsagirl

Dec 9, 2007
    Eugene,OR
    Yea happy ending!!!!!!!!!

whooohooo!!!!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. coffeemama

coffeemama Barista Queen

Mar 5, 2008
    Oregono
    Yay Oregon! I'm glad you found a chickmate for your chick.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by