Needed: Anyone in AL, TN, MISS, or GA who vent sexes ducklings?

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by nettie, Feb 1, 2009.

1. nettie

nettie Enslaved by Indoor Ducks

Nov 20, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    Hello all,

Due to an unfortunate weird situation, i need to have my 1 1/2 week old pekin sexed. I only have girls right now who are small breeds, and a male would need to be seperated from them. I have to have surgery soon, and need to finish building them a new pen before i have to go under. The design will highly depend on whether i got myself a boy or a girl.

So, if any one can vent sex my duckling in my area, i would be willing to drive, and will pay a fee you deem reasonable. thanks if anyone can help!

2. rebecca100

rebecca100 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2008
    Arkansas
    i can't vent sex a duckling, but sexing one by voice is accurate and way easier. If it is a girl, it will be loud and noisy, if it is a boy he will have a softer voice. If you pick it up and it is very loud it is a girl slightly loud to hoarse is a boy. it is easier to tell if you have one the opposite sex to compare it to. Listen to the voice of your girls, how loud they are? This is how I sex all my ducks from hatch to maturity and I have always been right. Hope this helps.

3. laurielynn67

laurielynn67 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2008
    Bryant, Ia
    sorry i do not live close but it is not tha hard to tell. Turn your duck upside on place your thumbs on both sides of the vent and apply gentle pressure down. At the same time push the tail back and if its a boy you should be able to see a small penis, its not very big at that age so you have to have good eyes. The girl does not have this of course

good luck;)[​IMG][​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by