1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

needed cochin rooster for my 3 girls/ nga area

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by talmochickens, Jun 24, 2007.

1. talmochickens

talmochickens Out Of The Brooder

Jun 20, 2007
    I am looking for a cochin rooster for my 3 girls. would prefer silver lace, but will settle with other colors, maybe black. Old rooster killed by predator and my millie bantie rooster is now trying to rule the yard. I am located in the Gainesville , Ga area 10 minutes south.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2007
  2. GEORGE

GEORGE Out Of The Brooder

Apr 5, 2007
    crawfordsville
    sorry can't help you but just wanting to tell you good luck!!!!!
    because i am looking for hens, i have a roo and no one seems to have the big birds any more. where are you at?

3. Godiva

Godiva Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2007
    Colorado
    Are you wanting a standard or bantam roo?

4. talmochickens

Jun 20, 2007
    I am looking for a standard roo. My 3 girls are all standard silver lace. Although, I do have one bantam cochin hen.

5. talmochickens

Jun 20, 2007
    George I am in talmo ga. Located between gainesville and athens. 1 hr north of atlanta. Yes the big birds are hard to find in this area, talked to the guy I got them from and he has had no luck either.

6. hisbride

hisbride Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2007
    GA
    I think I have a black cochin. I will take a picture tomorrow. I am fairly certian her is a roo. I would raher have a RIR roo the same age or older than my pullets which are 16 weeks.

7. talmochickens

Jun 20, 2007
    hisbride just wondered if you ever got a picture of your black cochin. would really like to see it.

8. hisbride

hisbride Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2007
    GA
    [​IMG]
    He is about 16 weeks.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by