Needin help if anyone has ant ideas

Highhopes59

In the Brooder
7 Years
May 29, 2012
I have a real sick chicken. Not sure whats goin on. I just wormed them this morning cause the littler younger one are just old enough well I turned around to get the feed to give them thier breakfast and one of my little polish was laying by the feeder. He is unresponsive and dont think he will make it. He and my ohiki both are what Id say extemely underwieght cause I can feel the breast bone really pointy and the hip bone too and real light wieght feeling when you pick them up, although they are always eating but never acted sick. Ive been worried about this but a friend thought it was just a stage they are going thru to bein adults. So I didnt really know what to think. Now I know something is wrong in a bad bad way. The little ohiki is acting normal but know now I have to do something and wandered what to do for her. Ive done what the vet said with the sick one but really dont think hes gona make it thru. I have to try and stop this from happening to the ohiki. Im told she is a endangered breed mottled japanese bantam longtail and is my sweetie, I believe its true cause Ive only found a couple people that has them so far. I had to hatch her out myself because she dried out in the shell when she had her zip about half way around. Her and this sick polish (Vinny)where best friends. Im so bummed and scared, I am going to start the ohiki on a homemade recipe of boiled eggs and rolled oats, whole wheat bread, then mix 2tbls. Whole milk n a pinch of garlic and mix it altogether to try to get some nutrients on her before this happens to her. Does this sound wise? It seems logical to me and was just wandering what you all thought or if you have any other ideas or diagnosis kind of thing? I sure do appreciate any help or ideas.

Just wanted to update is all. Poor lil Vinny died. I knew he wouldnt make it. I couldnt get any response when I found him. I felt so bad. He had no signs of being sick that I could tell the day before and even when he passed he wasnt gasping or breathing hard or anything. Thier really wasnt signs except for alil streak of mess on under his tail and saw alil tiny bit on the ohiki under her tail last night so I washed her off real good. She was his best friend and they would huddle together and nudge and cuddle all day long. I sure am worried about her. Hoping all the best for all ya guys out there that are having problems with your lil sweeties!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom