Needing advice on Kid Goats?

PoBoyRanch

Hatching
Feb 11, 2017
Reidsville Ga
I have 3 kid goats 2 months old approx. 5lbs one is getting weak for some reason her eyes are matting she falls when she walks she just lays there most of the day. The other 2 play and act normal. I have penicillin but is she to small to give this too? I feel so helpless not knowing what to give to make her better. Any advice anyone has would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited:
Hello from Kansas, PoBoyRanch, and
welcome-byc.gif
! Great to have you in our flock! Here's a link you might find useful - https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/22/other-pets-livestock
Also, visit BYC's sister site, www.BackyardHerds.com
Best wishes and thanks for joining BYC!!

G’Day from down under PoBoyRanch
frow.gif
Welcome!

Redsoxs has given you some good links so I will just say that I do hope your little kid is OK.

I also hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends
wink.png

If you have farm vets in the area, I would take it to one. I don't know much about goats, are they still being bottle fed.?

welcome-byc.gif

I'm sorry to hear your little one is having problems. Hopefully, someone on the BYH or Other Pets/Livestock forum can help you.

Best wishes to you!

You can try vitamin c. I lost a kid to a stomach bacteria get own body made. It is a flush to flush the bacteria out of her stomach. A woman in Canada tried to help us save her but we were to late it moves fast. I hope you are able to save her. Sometimes nature knows although it is hard. I never leave an animal to die I always help them till the end. It is just in my heart to love them!With the Vitamin c it is a high dose but my friend said it is a do or die circumstance. Good luck.

Hello there, and my warmest welcome to the flock! I am quite pleased you decided to join us, please pull up a chair and make yourself at home here! I hope you enjoy it here as much as I have! :frow

~Cuz

Back
Top Bottom