1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Needing advice on roosters

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by aworldintime, Feb 25, 2016.

1. aworldintime

aworldintime Out Of The Brooder

Feb 25, 2016
    B.C
    We are needing some help. The white one. Rooster or hen? The black ones a rooster. But the white one looks like a hen to me[​IMG][​IMG]

2. BoomChickaPop

BoomChickaPop Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 24, 2016
    Relaxing with my Buns
    I am sorry but the white one is a roo he has big legs and saddle feathers. The black speckled one looks like a hen to me unless the black one has crowed. Correct me if I am wrong

3. oldhenlikesdogs

oldhenlikesdogs Runs With Chickens Premium Member

Jul 16, 2015
    central Wisconsin
    The whiter one is definitely a rooster, the barred one could be as well, I can't clearly see that one in your pictures, I do think I see saddle feathers on the second photo.

4. Doc McCluckins

Doc McCluckins Out Of The Brooder

Feb 3, 2016
    I am fairly certain the white one is a rooster. The barred one could be a hen from what I see. Hard to tell from that picture.

5. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    [​IMG]

both birds are male.

6. aworldintime

aworldintime Out Of The Brooder

Feb 25, 2016
    B.C
    Ok awesome. The barred one we know is a rooster. But the white one was in question as to the sex. So that helps a lot. Thank you!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by