Needing Blue or Splash silkie roo.

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by RooptyDoo, Apr 4, 2009.

1. RooptyDoo

RooptyDoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2008
    Illinois
    I am needing a SQ blue or splash silkie roo. I am wanting to breed my splash silkies this year so I need a roo. If you have one or know of someone who does let me know. Thanks RooptyDoo [​IMG]

2. rbseggs

rbseggs Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2007
  3. marie_martin

marie_martin Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2007
    Grenada, MS
    Wish you were closer, I have a nice blue boy that I don't need. He needs a little more of a beard for my taste and a bit more foot feathering. But still nice.

Marie

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 5, 2009
  4. BamaChicken

BamaChicken Orpingtons Bama Style

Nov 14, 2007
    I have 2 year old that I am going to sell at auction this week. he looks a little rough right now due to the bad rain weather we had. He makes awesome chicks. He has turned out a lot of SQ chicks with the hens I had him with. I have pics of him if interested. His comb is large is his only physical flaw. He has a personality flaw that I have overlooked since I had him confined. He will try to flog. he is not big enough to hurt an adult but I would let my children in the pen with him. 20 dollars plus shipping and box gets him. I am selling out of my silkies.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This is him at about 1 year. He still has a huge tush. He looks like he may go thru a molt. He has a very large crest. Not so pretty right at the moment since we have been through 17 inches of rain this last week.
    These are pullets hatched from him last year.
    [​IMG]

5. RooptyDoo

Oct 9, 2008
    Illinois
    WOW! He has a badonkadonk tush! Thank you for the pics. I hope to find a roo closer to home that I can pick up. Shipping is so expensive. He does make pretty babies. Good luck with your auction!

6. RooptyDoo

Oct 9, 2008
    Illinois
    Quote:Thanks for the reply. This is the kind of roo I am looking for. He would be beautiful with my splash silkie girls, I just hate to pay $65 for shipping. I would rather put the money in the quality of the rooster and not the shipping. I know, I sound like a tightwad!![​IMG] Hope to find this kind of roo in reasonable pick-up distance.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by