Needing Help with Stock Information

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by rodriguezpoultry, Mar 4, 2009.

1. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    I am taking a personal finance class and one of our assignments is to find out the history of the stock market for 2009 and explain why the market shifted that way.

I have been looking all day and cannot find a website that gives the specifics as to day-to-day changes (how much was gained, lost and final closing). Does anyone know of a "history" area for the DOW Jones?? I'm SERIOUSLY hoping there is a business major or a person who owns their own business that knows the "inside" areas that I can find...I'm not big on business or even the stock market, but apparently we should know it...

Can someone point me in the right direction??

Last edited: Mar 4, 2009
  2. Schultz

Schultz CluckN'Crow Farm

Aug 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
  3. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    That's close, but I'm trying to find the exact changes for that day. For example:

The market has increased 207.96 and has ended at 6933.98. (Give it a few minutes...it'll change, it hasn't exactly ended as of yet...).

It'll also show the percent change. I just can't seem to find the info anywhere though? All I can find is "today".

4. Schultz

Schultz CluckN'Crow Farm

Aug 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I think one of the CNN channels has a continuous ticker 24/7 but I don't know if it is online or not. Can't hurt to look.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by