Needing ideas for teacher's gifts

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by eenie114, Oct 30, 2011.

1. eenie114

eenie114 Completly Hopeless

My family and I (Well, my mom is in charge, but we pitch in a fair bit. [​IMG] ) run our local homeschool co-op that meets every Friday for extra curricular activities.
    At the end of each semester (spring and fall) we give each teacher a small gift.
    In example, last semester it was small seedlings- I believe they were herbs. Semester before that it was homemade wooden Christmas ornaments.
    This semester we are once again trying to come up with an inexpensive and yet thoughtful and useful way to show our appreciation for everything they do to make sure we can actually have a co-op.
    Any suggestions are appreciated. [​IMG]
    ~Evelyn

2. bluesub

bluesub Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2011
    Pittsburgh
    What if each family contributed a recipe and you made a recipe booklet?

3. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    a small quilt? everbody makes one square? maybe a home made candle or a contribution to their fav .charity?

4. Jamie_Dog_Trainer

Jamie_Dog_Trainer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2008
    Washington State
    How about making some home made bird feeders, complete with hangers and some bird seed supply?

5. briter30

briter30 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2011
    Both of the gifts you have given the past couple years were great ideas. When I was a teacher at a private school, before having children and homeschooling my own, I remember someone giving me a a mason jar full of ingredients to make a delicious recipe of cookies. The ingredients would be layered and all measured out and put into the mason jar (of course leaving out liquids). Then they would attach a Christmas decorated recipe card around the top of the lid and a nice bow tied around it. I remember the recipe was a delicious oatmeal cookie recipe.

6. fuzziebutt

fuzziebutt Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2009
    Winfield
    Xanax?

7. dinahmoe

dinahmoe Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

Sep 19, 2009
    central georgia
    Quote:[​IMG]
    that is too funny.lol

8. welasharon

welasharon Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2010
    North Florida
    Quote:Something stronger maybe.....

I love getting note pads. I am always needed to write stuff down...sticky pads are great too! And pens. I can never keep pens. Last year I finally tied one to my computer. It's the only one I can still find.
    sharon

9. Frogdogtimestwo

Frogdogtimestwo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2008
    We give jars of home canned jams and jelly with decorated tops. The most requested are pepper jellies and unusual flavors, they are always a hit with the teachers and bus drivers.
    A loaf of seasonal (pumpkin for fall or gingerbread for Christmas,etc) bread in a cute mini sized bread pan.
    Salt dough ornaments, customized with their first or last name. (I have done stars that were adorable and loved especially by the people who have unusual names and can never find their names off the shelf items)
    Jars of homemade vanilla in a decorative jar.
    Buy a jewelry kit to make beaded earrings, you can do even sterling silver for a reasonable price per pair.
    So many crafts so little time [​IMG]

10. sheaviance1

sheaviance1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2010
    Tennessee
    Mason jar candleholder? They are very easy, inexpensive, and everyone loves them [​IMG]
    One of my favorite gifts to receive is a box with assorted home-baked goodies in it, and, believe it or not, dishtowels. I can never have too many of those. A creative friend makes dishtowel angels that are really adorable.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by