Needing Some Encouragement

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by rebirdchild, Aug 1, 2014.

1. rebirdchild

rebirdchild In the Brooder

Jun 28, 2012
    I am having some issues with my incubation and I was wondering if it is normal. It is currently day 21.5 and I have had one chick hatch out a day and a half ago. So far all the other eggs aren't seeming to move or do much of anything I wouldn't be too concerned except for the fact the one hatched so early. For the most part the temp was hovering around where it should be and my humidity was at a constant 45 degrees. It did fluctuate during lockdown but it it remained where it should be for most of the time. I did candle one egg that I had my doubts for and its dead. This is my first time incubating so I don't know if I should be worried or not. Any input is helpful!

2. texaschickyall

texaschickyall In the Brooder

Jul 7, 2014
    Following. I'm having the same issue. At day 21.5. No pips.

3. Jacqdiva

Jacqdiva Songster

Mar 23, 2014
    Hervey Bay QLD Australia
    Hang in there mine hatched a whole day late. Starting with one by itself (splash) for another half a day almost. Then I got 4 more. Then one last one very late. Who knows why??? They come in their own time. For us it seems such a snail's pace. So 3 cute little fluffy Orpingtons splash, black and blue, and my experiment of black Australorp mums and blue Orpington dad. The crosses are delightful. Yellow fronts and black backs. The difference seems to be that the xs have yellow and black skinned feet, plus more yellow on their faces, and the Orpingtons pink and black skinned feet. I couldn't find a clue as to how these xs would turn out. So posting it here! Yay! Happy hatching!

4. rebirdchild

rebirdchild In the Brooder

Jun 28, 2012
    Thanks thats pretty reassuring! I guess I have to wait and be patient haha. I'll give you guys an update on how its going then. I have 6 or so Icleandic eggs and the one chick I have is a brown chipmunk color. Keeping my fingers crossed...

5. Jacqdiva

Jacqdiva Songster

Mar 23, 2014
    Hervey Bay QLD Australia
    Yes please let us know how you go.

6. spotsplus

spotsplus Songster

Sep 29, 2008
    Franklin, MA
    I hope you've had some more chicks by now. I like to give the eggs until day 24 because there are always early chicks and later chicks :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: