1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

needing someone to crochet.

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by dinahmoe, Sep 14, 2011.

1. dinahmoe

dinahmoe Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

Sep 19, 2009
    central georgia
    my 2 yo daughter was given a blanket when she was born.it was made by a friend of ours who is not able any longer.it is crocheted and it is coming apart.i even have it tied in 2 places.i want to put this one up as a keepsake before it falls completely apart.the problem is my daughter is very,very attached.washing and drying it is difficult.i have tried to give her other crocheted blankets and it doesn't work.the texture of this one is what sets it apart ,i think.it is normal on the outside trim and in the middle is kinda of a softer,fluffier type.
    i will post pics and measurements in a second.
    send me a PM with price and about how long it will take.

thank you

the blanket is 3 x 3 1/2

this is the blanket-the top and bottom is made of these colors and the sides are just trimmed in pink.see where the bottom part is just about gone.
    [​IMG]
    here can see the difference between the outer and inner textures
    [​IMG]
    almost the whole thing is this soft fluffy type
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 14, 2011
  2. Impress

Impress Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2011
    Gray, TN
    I wish I could help you, I'm a knitter though, not a croch.....I have no idea how that would be spelled. [​IMG]

I can help you with one thing though, I recognize the type of yarn used in the center part of the blanket, it is Lion Brand Homespun, which is why it is so soft and fluffy wuffy. I knit scarves out of it, that specific color is called cotton candy. The yarn on the trim looks like a standard cotton or bamboo yarn, but that inside is definitely the Homespun.

3. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    I could crochet that for you! Looks to be very easy. I would crochet it for the cost of the yarn, plus $10.00. It's not very big, so I could probably do that in a week. (Two weeks at the very longest.) I'm not sure how much it would cost to mail the blanket, but we could figure that out later.

Sharon

4. ChickenSnake

ChickenSnake Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2011
    Montgomery County Texas
    I would love to help you, really because I love to crochet. Blankets just take such a long time! (my short attention span doesnt help)

I know what kind of fabric that is. They sell it at Hobby Lobby and Michaels... sometimes Walmart too if its big enough. It shouldnt be hard to find and that pattern is very simple very starter and learner friendly.

Try learning some on youtube, or from family. Buy one needle and one roll of yarn and just keep trying (5.00 total). I'm sure it would mean so much more if it came from you, and a lot of children start crocheting and knitting early, you could teach her yourself in a couple of years! I know a woman that started knitting when she was four and she never stopped! I think this blanket could be a gateway for you and your kids to make something sweet together.

5. dinahmoe

Sep 19, 2009
    central georgia
    Quote:thanks,i have been looking for the type and couldn't find it.

6. dinahmoe

Sep 19, 2009
    central georgia
    Quote:PMed you [​IMG]

7. dinahmoe

Sep 19, 2009
    central georgia
    Quote:thanks,i would love to try and learn but i don't think i can before this blanket has had it.i am a visual person and i will try to find someone to teach me.i think it would be very cool to learn and teach my daughter.it is on my to do list [​IMG]

8. marquisella

marquisella Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2009
    Quote:You could unravel it on the ends until its even, and then knot the ends. Find someone who can sew, and make a pillow out of it. It will get less wear and last longer.
    You could also have someone just sew around the edges to secure the threads so they don't unravel anymorel
    Good Luck

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by