1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

needing to know where to find the products my critters need

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by crb1487, May 19, 2016.

1. crb1487

crb1487 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 19, 2015
    Omak, WA
    I am in a small town in NE Washington State with limited placed to buy for my farm animals (mostly chickens...) but Also Dogs a cat and numerous ferrel cats not to mention everything the neighbors bring me that's motherless or that their animal injured...
    I need to know where I can get pet antibiotics, wormers, miticides, vitamins, catheter or tubing or any of the things I can't find here and am recently in dire need of

2. CTKen

CTKen Monkey business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
  3. crb1487

Mar 19, 2015
    Omak, WA
    Thank you for trying.
    The state thread leads me to so much rambling about nothing important to me and most are a couple years old.
    I'm not interested in breeding tips or selling... just helping the lg flock I already have. Thanks for at least trying though.

4. casportpony

casportpony Poop Inspector General Premium Member

Jun 24, 2012

What exactly are you looking for? I buy all supplies online from the least expensive places.

-Kathy

5. crb1487

Mar 19, 2015
    Omak, WA
    Hi, just saw this. Don't know how I missed it back then.

Do you have a couple online sites that you recommend?

I have been able to find most stuff, here and there and I'm always looking for low prices too. Would be interested in some better options if you have any suggestions.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

6. crispytown

crispytown New Egg

Mar 31, 2016
    Pittsburgh Area
    My Coop
    I am not sure how their pricing compares to others, but I like MyPetChicken.

1 person likes this.
  7. crb1487

Mar 19, 2015
    Omak, WA
    Thanks for your help

8. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    New Jersey
    Right now a large number of antibiotics need to be purchased with a veterinarian's prescription. I second making a post in one of the state threads to ask about sources of buying the other stuff, which should be easy to get a hold of especially through online sources. The only stuff you may have a difficult time getting are antibiotics. However, it's always good to have a vet in hand for those sorts of things!

9. casportpony

casportpony Poop Inspector General Premium Member

Jun 24, 2012
    I buy from places like Valley Vet, Jeffer's, Pet Solutions, Allivet, Amazon, eBay, Tractor Supply, and others. It really depends on what you're looking for and hw fast you need it.

As chickerdoodle13 already said, almost all water soluble antibiotics need a prescription now, so that's something to think about, and it's a good reason to establish a relationship with a vet if you're the type that would rather treat than cull.

10. crb1487

Mar 19, 2015
    Omak, WA
    I just received my injectable penicillin that I ordered online.
    But this source has only a handfull of antibiotics.
    I'm still trying to locate other supplies such as a source for other necessities
    Something like flagyl or lidacaine or similar without scripts.
    I want to be more prepared for anything else.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by