Needing urgent prayers for Geoff

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by oesdog, Feb 2, 2013.

1. oesdog

oesdog Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 7, 2010
    Ireland
    Please pray for my sister in laws partner Geoff as he collapsed yesterday. They thought he had a stroke but after tests and MRI scans they have discovered that he in fact has a very large tumor on the brain. Please also pray for my sister in law as she is getting Cancer test results this week too. All the indicators are as yet positive for Cervical cancer. This is very devestating to them both and neither will be in anyway able to care for the other. Thankfully they both have grown up children from previous relationships so no young kids are involved. If Geoff's tumor is malignant he may only have weeks left. If benine at least a minimum of 2 yrs recovery and he will never go back to his work. Oes

Last edited: Feb 2, 2013
  2. TerriLaChicks

TerriLaChicks Overrun With Chickens

Apr 23, 2008
    Central Louisiana
    [​IMG]

3. oesdog

Jun 7, 2010
    Ireland
    Thanks for the prayer

Geoff is in intensive care so we are hoping that they may be able to do something for him. Right now if he moves his speach is slured and he loses movement in his limbs. It is all very worrying indeed.

Ann is still waiting her result.

Oes

4. chickenneighbor

chickenneighbor Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 30, 2010
    Maine
    Saying prayers for them and your extended family, so that you can all find strength in these horribly trying times.

5. Kelly G

Kelly G It's like herding cats!

He and your sister will be in my thoughts....and hoping it's benign. Hugs.

6. oesdog

Jun 7, 2010
    Ireland
    Thanks to all - it all seems pretty grim at the moment for my sister in law and her partner.

Oes

Last edited: Feb 3, 2013
  7. oesdog

Jun 7, 2010
    Ireland
    Just wanted to update you all who have been praying so much for geoff and Ann.

Geoff passed away on Tuesday evening. It was expected as he had been very ill for a longtime.
    My Sister in law and her partner Geoff were able to get away on a lovely cruise at the end of last year. So that was a good memory. The cancer care staff have been very helpful and Geoff has had a relitively good last year.
    Ann is coping well and the funeral will be this comming week.

Thanks for all your paryers.

Oes

8. oldrooster

oldrooster One Crazy Nut

I'm sorry for your loss.

9. lovingmyhens

lovingmyhens Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 20, 2013
    Katy, tx
    You and your family are continuing to be in my thoughts and prayers. I pray Gods strength is felt at this very trying time.

10. Puffinluffin

Puffinluffin Out Of The Brooder

Jan 27, 2014
    I'm so very sorry for your family's loss.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by