Needlework including cross stitch, embroidery, stump work, etc.....

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by Calebs Chicks, Apr 14, 2016.

1. Calebs Chicks

Calebs Chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2016
    Central Florida
    Hi y'all! I am a chicken lovin, cross stitchin, embroidery stitchin gal way down here in Central Florida! I am interested in any needle work, and love the art! My mother is a quilter and she is simply amazing. She gave me my appreciation for the love and work put into hand pieces. I am involved in a Christmas stocking at moment by Sheperds Bush for my son. It's been a while in the making, but I am seeing the finish line. I will post a pic when done with the stitching, then just gotta find someone who can finish it for me. .....? IN the meantime I will try to post a few pics of some little things I have done over the year. Not great with computers, but I will try! Lol!
    Let's see what ya got peeps!

2. Dawn 09

Dawn 09 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 18, 2016
    I love cross stitch but recently have had to slow down with it as I have osteoarthritis in my hands so can only do short periods of time doing it. I love lavender and lace ladies I've done summer and Noel. I also love doing the dream catchers, cottages, all our yesterday's. What sort do you like doing?

3. AllynTal

AllynTal Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 22, 2014
    Mississippi Gulf Coast
    I'm a stitcher, too. It's very relaxing, like a little mental vacation in the evenings.

I recently finished this piece:
    [​IMG]

Sorry my camera skills aren't stellar. It's a XS version of Vanitas Still Life by Pieter Claesz.

4. Dawn 09

Mar 18, 2016
    Thats fantastic Allyn Tal how long did it take you to do it.

5. AllynTal

AllynTal Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 22, 2014
    Mississippi Gulf Coast

Thirteen months. It was 344 x 250 stitches, 78 colors and just about all the colors were blended threads.

6. Dawn 09

Mar 18, 2016
    Its stunning Allyn Tal well worth the work you have put into it.

7. rodeogirl1

rodeogirl1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2014
    Lovell, Wyoming
    I Somewhat cross stitch mostly simple pattern quilting blocks the one I'm working on now actually started when I was about 13 and only got about a quarter of one block done before I left for college and got left at my mom's house. I figured a quilt isn't going to be any good if it isn't finished
    [​IMG]
    not the best picture. I'll post a picture of the quilt if I ever get it done. I also have a picture of a duck that I started on in 5th grade I think it's in my mom's house somewhere and sadly I only ever got the head finished

1 person likes this.
  8. BurbsteadGirl

BurbsteadGirl Out Of The Brooder

Oct 14, 2016
    Blue Springs, MO
    I love stitching! It keeps me sane! I'll try to get some pictures of my projects tonight to post!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by