Neeed help with a couple of mine....breed/sex???

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by xxleandraxx, Nov 30, 2010.

1. xxleandraxx

xxleandraxx Out Of The Brooder

Jul 13, 2010
    Sorry i ve been away so long....lost the site and could nt get in for some reason but im back!!! hope everyones well......

I currently have a 8 week old buff orpington.....unsure on male/female????

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And this little one....any idea on breed???? and male or female also 8 weeks......
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. chicken-owner-31

chicken-owner-31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2007
    NV
    I'm so terribly new at this, but want to get some practice in! So please just take this with a rather large grain of salt. But the first one looks like a female and the second one a male to me. No idea on the breed of the second one.....something with feathered feet! [​IMG]

3. Firearia

Firearia Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm sure the first one is a male, he's a Buff Orpington. The second one I want to say is a male too, but I'm not quite sure, I'll throw pullet out there. Breed wise I think that's a mix of something, I think there's some EE in there as well.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2010
  4. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    I think your buff is a boy. The second one I think is a girl, but I'm weak on feather footed breeds. Is she a cross?

5. sheila3935

sheila3935 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    Stonington, illinois
    I think your first may be a boy with those wattles that big already and agree with everyone else that its a buff. The 2nd with the exception of the feathered feet looks like my Sassy and if you find out what she is let me know cause I dont know what she is either.
    This is Sassy about the same age as yours
    [​IMG]
    but then again she kinda looks like Cinnamini
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 30, 2010
  6. xxleandraxx

xxleandraxx Out Of The Brooder

Jul 13, 2010
    Thanks for your imput guys really struggling with the 2nd guy/girl on breed x

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by