Neglected chicken! 😱

Zoologist

Chirping
Jun 7, 2022
Just got a 1 year old black silkie hen today from a lady, I believe this chicken was neglected. She lives in a farm and when I got her I noticed she was muddy and sneezing. Took her home and gave her a bath and that’s when I realized how bad it was. First offered her food and water, without any hesitation she dove for the food and gobbled it up. I let her eat till she filled up most of her crop then took it away so she wouldn’t get sick, she drank water for 3 minutes straight before I put her in the tub. She was very light compared to the silkie I have who is younger and the same breed. Lots of mud, poop, and feathers came off. She was compliant to be poked and prodded while I washed, shampooed, and rinsed her. She is currently sitting in my lap enjoying a nice warm towel and being dried off. I will make sure to give her medication in her water, isolate, and deworm.

I truly feel deep sorrow for what she may have gone through, but I don’t think it was their fault.. they seemed to have a lot of animals and I doubt they knew how to properly care for her. Thankful that I got her when I did and can nurse her back to good health/weight ❤️

Just got a 1 year old black silkie hen today from a lady, I believe this chicken was neglected. She lives in a farm and when I got her I noticed she was muddy and sneezing. Took her home and gave her a bath and that’s when I realized how bad it was. First offered her food and water, without any hesitation she dove for the food and gobbled it up. I let her eat till she filled up most of her crop then took it away so she wouldn’t get sick, she drank water for 3 minutes straight before I put her in the tub. She was very light compared to the silkie I have who is younger and the same breed. Lots of mud, poop, and feathers came off. She was compliant to be poked and prodded while I washed, shampooed, and rinsed her. She is currently sitting in my lap enjoying a nice warm towel and being dried off. I will make sure to give her medication in her water, isolate, and deworm.

I truly feel deep sorrow for what she may have gone through, but I don’t think it was their fault.. they seemed to have a lot of animals and I doubt they knew how to properly care for her. Thankful that I got her when I did and can nurse her back to good health/weight ❤️
Thank you for helping her. You are wonderful

Back
Top Bottom