Neighbor Complaining

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by chickenkeeper12, Jan 6, 2014.

1. chickenkeeper12

chickenkeeper12 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 25, 2012
    Connecticut
    So my neighbor has chickens, goats and horses. He had roosters but our other neighbor called him every morning saying "I'm up now your up". I have four roosters and I am not that much farther away from that neighbor. I think she hasn't complained because she's a lot older now and doesn't go outside that often. But today when he was paying me for taking care of his animals he told me that the roosters are getting annoying and thatmy coop area looks like a " ghetto piece of s**t". I told him that I have the right and so forth. He then insisted on me changing the tarps from blue to brown. I told him I won't do that unless you pay me to do it( he's really really rich.) so he gave me $50 more to go buy new tarps. That's not a problem but when he really got on my nerves is when he asked me to move on of my coops which isn't possible cause I would like it to look nice and if I move them it would look like crap. Getting back to the roosters, I have 3 bantams and 1 standard and he says that they wake him up in the morning. My house is closer to the coops than his and my bedroom is the closest room to the coops. I said that I don't here them when I'm in the house, which I don't, so he started complaining. I then listed all the things that you do that piss everybody else of and he got mad and started yelling at me. That's when I just walked away. Btw I'm x5 and he's 54. Idk what to do!!!!

2. chickenkeeper12

Nov 25, 2012
    Connecticut
    Also I live in an area where its legal to have as many roosters as you want. I want to be a good neighbor but I also want to not have to move and listen to him. He's a bit of a control freak cause he thinks he can buy himself out of everything. Help

3. chickenkeeper13

chickenkeeper13 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 21, 2013
    You should realistically give him the $50.00 back and tell him that your coops can look however they want and that you dont have to change anything. Because simply it is legal to have the roosters. And you should tell your parents that he insulted you and your coop.

4. chickenkeeper12

Nov 25, 2012
    Connecticut
    Thanks for your opinion. Any one else.

5. Jenns Hens

Jenns Hens Out Of The Brooder

Oct 22, 2013
    How about an update?

6. chickenkeeper12

Nov 25, 2012
    Connecticut
    What do you mean?

7. NYREDS

NYREDS Overrun With Chickens

Jan 14, 2008
    The first post was an hour before this post-how much do you think might have changed in that hour?

8. chickenkeeper12

Nov 25, 2012
    Connecticut
    Nothing has changed since I posted it.

9. Jenns Hens

Jenns Hens Out Of The Brooder

Oct 22, 2013
    Lol sorry, I looked at your join date and thought it was the post date...instead of the posting date..

10. aoxa

aoxa Overrun With Chickens

Are you in a village at all, or in a rural area?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by