Neighbor dog attacks - resolved

P-Funk

Songster
9 Years
Feb 20, 2011
Franktown
After finding my Black Star dead on the front porch I soon noticed the neighbors' dog trying to dig its way into the barn. It was after the rest of the flock. This mutt comes over almost every day. I went over to have a talk with him. The wife answered the door and couldn't have cared less. The next time I called he was informed that if it was found on my property again, animal control told me to 'just shoot it'. He finally got the gnads to return my calls today, after a visit from the sherriff's department, and the murder of my Rhode Island Red. The dog is now locked up and looking for a new home - far away from the birds. We used to be friends, but it took Animal Control officers and the Sherrifs department to get this through his skull.

sad.png
sad.png
sad.png

I'm sorry for your losses: the chickens and your friendship.
hugs.gif

Its too bad you had to go to those lengths to get your neighbors to take resposibility for thier dog. Its stupid the reasons people lose friendships over. I know that all too well.

Rammy

If it took animal control and the Sheriff's office to get these people to act as adults & do the right thing by a "friend", they weren't your friends in the first place.

People amaze me sometimes.
hugs.gif

Thank you all for the support. Giddy, you're right. We were never really friends, just neighborly neighbors. And I confess, I was furious when I went over to 'visit' about the assassination of my two favorite girls. Some people tell me I'm intimidating, as I'm 'very tall with a deep voice'. I don't blame her for backing off and not letting the husband come to the door. When he called today he was also upset, expressing concerns about 'It's not a good time to talk about my wife'. As far as I know, she died, as there were a large number of black cars leaving his ranch yesterday. Now I feel really bad. It just goes to show - treat everyone you meet with respect. Even if his dog kills your chickens, he may have bigger problems than me.

Your right P-Funk....ya gotta take everything with a grain of salt in this world.It sucks you lost two of your girls, and it to bad your neighbor lost his wife...it never ends , does it...?

I am so sad for you and for your neighbor. You for losing your babies and him for losing his wife. How sad. I send my condolences to you and to him too. That is horrible.
hit.gif
hugs.gif

Also, not to meantion the poor dog, that wasnt being treated right.. I would be so upset if my dogs were taken from me!

Back
Top Bottom