1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

neighbors dog got my daughters Buff Orp pullet....

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Wendy'sChicksRock, Jun 21, 2011.

1. Wendy'sChicksRock

Wendy'sChicksRock Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2010
    Oakland county ,MI
    The dog pulled her thru the fence...the dog has been diggin under trying to get out...she was in shock,is limping falling over and panting.she is in the cool area isolated with water and some food.when I looked closly I can see the puncture marks on her poor little body.she is just 15 weeks old.my DD's very very very favorite giirl..she "peach" will sit on sophies shoulder like a parrot...I feel so bad for her.my neighbor was chasing his dog trying to get the poor chicken.he feels terrible too..his kids love my chickens as well [​IMG]

2. Keltara

Keltara Chillin' With My Peeps

Awwwwwww [​IMG] ......I am so sorry. I hope she somehow is able to pull through. [​IMG]
    It's always the favorite!![​IMG]

3. Wendy'sChicksRock

Aug 8, 2010
    Oakland county ,MI
    thank you.. I see your in Goodrich.. Im right around the corner, well pretty close. I have family and friends on Lake Shinagog..

4. stargirl

stargirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2011
    UK
    Poor poppet! [​IMG]
    If there are puncture marks it might be worth applying some antiseptic cream, so she doesn't develop an infection. Hope she pulls through! [​IMG]

5. foREVer

foREVer Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2011
    SE Michigan
    Aww, I am so sorry! I hope she pulls through!

In the meantime, you can try flushing the puncture wounds out with warm water and packing them with neosporin (Without the pain reliever)
    If signs of infection start to show, you can run up to TSC and get her some anitbiotic (Duramycin)
    Electrolytes will also help. (Try BounceBack- also found at TSC)

I am from Michigan as well- the Lapeer area.

6. Wendy'sChicksRock

Aug 8, 2010
    Oakland county ,MI
    well she seems to be doing a lot better. She went to stay with a friend of mine who has WAY more chicken " DR experience " than I... we will see her every day.. ill post updates.

7. Keltara

Keltara Chillin' With My Peeps

Wendy'sChicksRock :

thank you.. I see your in Goodrich.. Im right around the corner, well pretty close. I have family and friends on Lake Shinagog..

Wendy
    I just saw this. How cool that we are so close! What city do you live in??

I hope Peach is doing well.​

Last edited: Jun 24, 2011
  8. Wendy'sChicksRock

Aug 8, 2010
    Oakland county ,MI
    Clarkston [​IMG]

Yes,very cool indeed

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by