Neighbors dog killed some of her chickens.

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by BrendaJ, Nov 6, 2013.

1. BrendaJ

BrendaJ Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 1, 2012
    Oregon
    My neighbor came over very upset because her 20lb dog killed some of her 6-8 wk old pullets. There is 1 alive , 2 missing & others dead. She has adults too that are fine & are kept in a different area. They had no where to keep the surviving pullet ( enclosure destroyed ) so she gave her to me. I told her after she slept on it & had a chance to look for the missing ones to get a hold of me & could take her back , especially if the missing pullets are located. So now i have this little thing in quarantine & will have to locate a couple pullets soon so she can have buddies... unless she locates her missing ones that is.
    Funny how every time i state that im, not getting new ones until the spring something strange happens & they fall in my lap - lol.
    Mother nature taunts me [​IMG]

I really felt bad for my elderly neighbor - she was pretty devastated

When old enough i will intro into the flock - we all know how fun that can be lol [​IMG]

2. boskelli1571

boskelli1571 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 7, 2011
    Finger Lakes, NY
    Seems like life designated you as a 'chicken momma'..... [​IMG] .Sue

3. BrendaJ

Sep 1, 2012
    Oregon
    Well the little thing is a trooper & is doing great today. Eating, drinking & all settled in. I spoke with someone local who has several 12 wk old pullets & going to drive out tomorrow after work to pick up a couple buddies for it.

4. boskelli1571

Mar 7, 2011
    Finger Lakes, NY
    Sounds like a plan, better to have at least a couple of hens to introduce at one time. I'm going to be adding 2 hens this coming week..........[​IMG] Keep us posted on your progress, Sue.

1 person likes this.
  5. BrendaJ

Sep 1, 2012
    Oregon
    Not the best pic but they are new & a little stressed. Got a light Brahma & a Welsummer to go with the EE. Fast snapshot of them right after intro. The EE is about 2 mo & the other 2 are aprox 2 1/2 mo. They are in a temporary cage for the night & going into there quarantine enclosure in the morning. The EE is pretty happy to have buddies again [​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. boskelli1571

Mar 7, 2011
    Finger Lakes, NY
    Good looking girls! Sue

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by