1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

neighbors dogs+chickens+my dog= bad news!

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by blckbrnfamly, Nov 6, 2009.

1. blckbrnfamly

blckbrnfamly Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 20, 2009
    Southeast, Arizona
    I just need to rant for a minute about people not wanting thier dogs anymore...... give them up, take them to a shelter or find someone who will take them for you..
    This all started a couple of weeks ago. My two little kids and I were out in the back yard when my son starts screaming, I was careing for the chickens in their pen, but as soon as he screemed my heart started pumping ! I looked up, he's being chased by 6 full grown (50 to 60 lbs) dogs, all growling and their hackles up. Frantic, I grab the baby run to grab my son and ran to the garden for safety. I for sure thought they would go after the chickens but this time I was lucky. After the dogs barked at us for a while they left. I ran with my kids to the house, shoved them inside and as soon as I did, this pack of dogs were back and starting a fight with my dog!! I went outside and fought them off brought Spot inside and called animal control.... He called me back to say the dogs had gone, he set up traps. They didn't return, so I thought that would be that.
    This morning almost the exact thing happened, only they ignored myself and the kids and went straight for poor Spot he did his best against three dogs until I got out there with a shovel and scared them away. I went the 1/4 mile to that neighbors house heart racing and nervously angry and pounded on the door, he never answered! He WAS home! [​IMG] I called animal control again and found somethings out about this man. He has six warrents out for his arrest because these dogs have revaged chicken coop after chicken coop in my neighborhood, (he lets them out because he gets of thier barking) they havn't started after my chhickens yet, just my dog. He had several sitations, and never showed up to court. And now that I have reported these dogs chasing me and my kids and attacking my dog their is a Sherrif parked outside. And they can't seem to find him WTH!! [​IMG]
    Spot is ok, bruised but not battered too badly, Shane(3) won't go outside for anything, and this is a kids I have to fight with to get him to come in for dinner! And Caitlyn(18 mo) won't let go of my leg. I'm just fed up!!

2. slightlyscrambled

slightlyscrambled Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2009
    Nebraska
    [​IMG]

3. sfw2

sfw2 Global Menace

So glad you're all okay! Hope the Sheriff's Dept can take care of things for you. Why haven't they taken the dogs away, if he didn't show up for court??

[​IMG] [​IMG] for you, your kids, and poor Spot!

4. TexasVet

TexasVet Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2008
    Willis TX
    If you were in my county in Texas, the police would tell you to shoot the dogs! We have no animal control dept., so you have to protect your own. There is a new law on the books that says owners can be fined thousands of dollars and/or go to jail if their dog seriously injures someone, but who wants to wait until there's a serious injury? If the dogs were after MY kids and MY animals, I wouldn't hesitate to kill them.

Kathy, Bellville TX
    www.CountryChickens.com

5. OccamsTazer

OccamsTazer Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2009
    Tuscaloosa, AL
    SSS!
    And I rarely think that's a good idea, but if dogs were attacking my animals or KIDS, those dogs would be DEAD.

6. tomcio

tomcio Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 3, 2008
    Post removed. BYC doesn't condone illegal acts

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2009
  7. rufus

rufus Overrun With Chickens

May 17, 2007
    I see you are posting from Safford. You need to start packing a pistol when you go outside. Keep the kids in the house until the deed is done.

Rufus

8. Camelot Farms

Camelot Farms Chickenista

O. M. G. You poor thing. Your dog problem is not just a problem...its a life threatening issue.

Dogs in a pack will do things that a single dog would never do.

If you arent able to shoot them...Call a friend. Call a sharpshooter. Call the local gun club. Someone will help you.

(hugs)

9. TexasVet

TexasVet Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2008
    Willis TX
    Post removed. BYC doesn't condone illegal acts

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2009
  10. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Got a gun?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by