Neighbors dogs

makeyoown

Hatching
Dec 15, 2015
Hi guys I found my neighbors dog under one of my sheds with dead chickens all over my property. Got the law and animal control involved made a case. Do you think I have a case? There were 36 damaged.

OK animal control picked up the dog owner identified it as her dog and surrendered it to them. I was wondering if they are going to be liable for all the dead and damaged chickens found

Yes normally they will be. I just dont have animal control i believe the sheriffs office is in charge of that out here. Our neighbors dog happened to hurt one chicken, our neighbors happen to be his grandparents as the dog was orginally a stray and they just feed him and didnt care much for him he was shot. And we didnt press charges for reasons. But they are liable for damages done and the lost birds just like if it had damaged property.

What state are you in. They have different laws as well. Here the dog would have been put down even if we dont shoot it ourselfs. Since its a threat to live stock.

Regardless of outcomes with dog, start looking into how you can exclude all dogs. Even in Hawaii. You have invested in too many birds not to also invest in some sort of perimeter,

Regardless of outcomes with dog, start looking into how you can exclude all dogs. Even in Hawaii. You have invested in too many birds not to also invest in some sort of perimeter,

This is way more important than what your legal remedies are - because it will keep happening.

The dogs dug through my neighbors farm who also has chickens and a fence buried to prevent digging they managed to break the buried fences wire ties then dug under fence. Killed his chickens then dug again under the chain link that divides our yards and destroyed everything in my farm

Back
Top Bottom