Neighbors drug a dead horse onto my property!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by BeardedChick, Apr 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BeardedChick

BeardedChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Granted, it's a 40 acre parcel we don't go on much, but still. They have always been super nasty to us. They used to have free run of that property until we bought it & had even built a big shed partially on it.

But now a dead horse? It has mostly rotted out by now, but you can still see the tie straps from them dragging it.

How many ways are there to return the favor of a dead horse?

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Quote:Get a rope and drag it back over there! THE NERVE!

3. farmgirlie1031

farmgirlie1031 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2008
    IA
    Why did the horse die? Maybe you could call Animal Control on them for neglect of the horse like they do on that Animal Cops show? Or call the sheriff?

4. NancyDz

NancyDz Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2008
    Dutch Flat, CA
    Drag it back to their property?[​IMG]

5. jvls1942

jvls1942 Overrun With Chickens

Oct 16, 2008
    wausau,wisconsin
    Quote:do you really want to start tit for tat with them??

who built the shed, you or them?
    I am assuming them..

If it is on your property, you have to prove it, cut a door into it on the portion that is on your property..that portion belongs to you.. If they complain, and they will.. then go to the zoning office for your district and report it as being built too close to the property line.. they will then have to remove it..

6. wanda047

wanda047 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2009
    Hardy, Arkansas
    Not sure what the laws are in your state or what the neighbors could be charged with, but I would assume trespassing would be a good start. Then check out your state's "dead animal disposal laws". Most states have them. No doubt there are numerous other charges that could be filed. I wouldn't let this one pass. Sounds to me that your neighbors are real jerks!

7. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Here in CA, you have to call animal control and they come get it - for a fee of around $250.

ETA: [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 21, 2009
  8. jvls1942

jvls1942 Overrun With Chickens

Oct 16, 2008
    wausau,wisconsin
    Quote:they call,, the animal control comes,
    dead horse,removed,they called,who pays?? yup........ now try to collect the money from the "good neighbors".....

9. missourichickenmama

missourichickenmama SURPRISE!

Jul 17, 2008
    Missouri
    leave it in the sun for a few days( if you can stand the stench!) then drag in back with a note attached saying ''You seemed to have forgotten this.''

10. Shanay235

Shanay235 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2008
    WV
    Quote:[​IMG]
    Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] I can't breathe I'm laughing so hard. Bad thing is, THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT I WOULD DO!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by