Neighbors pit bull killed all my sweet birds. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Head Roo

In the Brooder
9 Years
May 28, 2010
I would really like the opportunity to tell my story...but the last time I went through a batch of birds who were killed, my post was pulled and I was duly warned for expressing too much joy in dealing with the offending predator.

The short of it, the birds I have been raising since the last mass destruction were approaching egg laying age, there were eight of them. All sweet, gentle and very friendly.

The neighbor I have, he isn't very responsible with his dog. Their son is a criminal with a rap sheet three pages long and also not responsible. They constantly leave their gate open and their dog gets out. We have asked them time and time again to please take more care in this regard. Today was the last straw. These irresponsible dog owners precious dog jumped the five foot high pen fence and killed all eight of my babies. Just for fun. He didn't eat them, he ripped them apart. I found my oldest hen who had just started laying in three pieces. My old mum comes over and just falls apart emotionally. We confront the neighbor's criminal son, cause his dad isn't home...and he freakin' admits to *everything*. They already have the fence locked (which never happens) and the dog inside (which also never happens). They passed the buck to the guy who empties their port-o-toilet (apparently, they don't have working toilets...so you be the judge of the classification of these loosely called "people"). All they kept saying "sorry this happened" over and over. Finally the criminal asks if he can do anything. I tell him I want the dog, now. Of course he says no...it's his dad's dog and he wouldn't not allow it. I told him to tell his dad to give me the dog, and again, refusal. It's a killing dog, and I am supposed to be comfortable with my 10 yr old son playing outside with this killer able to get out and run around? It needs to be put DOWN!!!!

And please - with all due respect - if you're one of these bleeding heart dog owners whose precious puppy does no wrong, SAVE IT. I don't want to hear about how your dog has more rights than my birds, not to mention people in general. My birds deserved more, and now I have to live next to a bunch of criminals and their dog who got away with what it did. The cops came and took a report, but because a human wasn't involved, it's a civil matter. What can I sue for? The guy's port-o-potty? Every day I have to see that nasty waste of life (the dog) knowing there is not a thing I can about it without breaking the law myself. SSS does not apply here for obvious reasons. If anything happens to that filth, who do you think they are going to look at first...so yeah, it got away with what it did.

I expect this will be my last post here for two reasons. One, some power-happy ban hammering mod will pull this post as well and go on to tell me about how inappropriate my words are (suggesting that a donation might ease up on how hard my posts are looked at in the future) in which case I will just quit and walk away and two, I don't know if I want to get more birds and go through this again. The dog will just get out again while I'm not looking and I will be right back here with no recourse. My son will be sad and cry while the kids of the criminal play with their killer dog. My mum will be sad because she *loved* those birds...and me, I won't be able to cry because I cannot do so now. I feel nothing but anger, rage and hate towards that filthy dog...which apparently in this country is a mortal sin of biblical proportion - to not like dogs And I suppose I cannot even comment on the majority of their selfish, domineering owners who feel the need to be the master in a relationship where being master is desired because, you know, fellow human beings cannot be made to serve in the same way.

This being my last post, I leave with the following:

RIP - Lucky, Diana, Ami, Juliet, Penny, Chloe, Zoe and Sawyer. I buried you in one box so that you may rest as you played in life: Together. I'll miss you. My life will be a little more empty now that you're gone, but is a little more fuller for the joy you brought me, my son, and my parents. Diana, thank you for the few eggs you were able to give us. Your suffering will not be in vain. This, I promise.

I am so sorry
sad.png

My only thought is to have a predator proof coop....that or move
sad.png

Quote:
Yeah, I'm thinking this one will be pulled, too. Try to remember that it's the neighbor's fault.

I'm sorry it happened. I know how it feels, as the same thing has happened to my chickens before.

Look up the laws in your area and talk to the police. You have more rights than the dog.

We can be a very supportive group on BYC, but you need to play a little nicer if you want us to be friends.

Wow....Sorry for your loss.... Really sorry for your hostility...

I am so sorry for all that you and your family have lossed, sorry for the pain your girls must have suffered, and most of all I am sorry that the neighbors were not more responsible...Please dont give up and dont make this your last post. In most states you have the right to defend and protect your property if you were to catch the dog on your property doing the damage. This just makes me so sad for you all, I wish you the best and though I have never shipped eggs( I would need instuctions) I would be more than happy to send you eggs to hatch out to help you get started again..just let me know. Again I am sorry for your loss ~ Tink~

Call the Sheriff, call animal control and report what happened. They should deal with a stock killer even if they normally prefer to sit around and practice their websurfing skills.

Quote:
Really inappropriate. Maybe you should go, because if this is the way you percieve things here at BYC....then you have the WRONG idea to begin with.

Sorry about your birds. I'd try better predator proofing if you replace the flock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom