1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

neighbours...everybody needs good neighbours!!! *pics*

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by spish, Jul 12, 2011.

1. spish

spish De Regenboog Kippetjes

Apr 7, 2010
    Belgium
    so my 'scovies are all getting broody one by one, and refuse to use the duck houses built especially for them....so where do they want to nest? next door to the chickens of course!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and a few of the younger ducks born earlier this year..any idea on the sex of the two bigger ones in the last photo?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 12, 2011
  2. dianaross77

dianaross77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2010
    Grand Blanc, MI
    Those pics are so cute! I love the way the black and white duck was looking at the camera. She's beautiful.

3. terrilhb

terrilhb Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 11, 2010
    Georgia
    I love it. How adorable. I want ducks. But will have to wait. [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. HorseFeatherz NV

HorseFeatherz NV Eggink Chickens

Packing up my kennel crates now, and will be right over to pick them up [​IMG]

5. Supermommy486

Supermommy486 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2010
    South Central Texas
    Love it!!

6. desertdarlene

desertdarlene Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2010
    San Diego
    I think the two bigger scovies in the last photos might be boys, but I'm not 100% certain.

They look so cute in those boxes next to the chickens.

7. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Too Cute!! [​IMG] Thanks for sharing all the pics with us! [​IMG]

8. spish

Apr 7, 2010
    Belgium
    im really really hoping the white one is a drake.....i have 2 pure white girls and can only find drakes with lots of black or grey...but this one just has a small black spot on his head...he'd be great fo my breeding next year! fingers crossed!

9. FarmrGirl

FarmrGirl MooseMistress

Jul 1, 2009
    Southern Maryland
    Those Muscovy girls are out of control! [​IMG] I have the opposite problem with the chickens in the duckbarn [​IMG] Your white broody has really lined her nest with down... sheesh! Does she have any feathers left on her bosom? LOL!

It's kind of hard to say the gender of those in the last photo without others of the same age to compare - or to see them walk - but I'd guess drakes based on the thickness of their legs. I find my girls have a more feminine walk (the boys sort of stomp around), have much thinner legs than the boys, and can fly by 12 weeks (the boys are too fat).

10. spish

Apr 7, 2010
    Belgium
    yeah the white broody went a bit ott with the nest lining!...i have 6 scovy girls, and from them 5 have nests at the moment! shall get photos of the other 3 tomorrow morning (its dark out now) [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by