Nene, permit required?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by KansasKid, Sep 6, 2010.

  1. KansasKid

    KansasKid Chillin' With My Peeps

    Feb 7, 2010
    South East Kansas
    I was looking through a hatchery and prices on Hawaiian geese and it said something about having to have a permit. I have looked through the U.S. wildlife and parks website for the permit but was unable to find it at the moment and wondered if anyone could give me a quick overview or a link to a page that describes the permit. Please/Thanks.

    I'm pretty sure the way the hatchery displayed that a permit was required it is in addition to the Federal migratory waterfowl sale and disposal permit. (I think)
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2010
  2. CityChicker

    CityChicker Chillin' With My Peeps

    Mar 21, 2009
    You have to have an endangered species permit. Check the goose board. There was just recently a thread about Nenes over there and a few BYC'ers have them. I'm sure they could tell you what you need. I think you only need the endangered species permit though if they are coming from a different state.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by