1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Neon poop and corrid !

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by silkmaster, Apr 30, 2016.

1. silkmaster

silkmaster Out Of The Brooder

Mar 26, 2016
    Colorado
    Yesterday I posted a thread about my new year old silkies having bloody poop. I am now giving them probiotics electrolytes and corrid for the possible cocci. I see a minor amount of blood every probably 10 poops but the silkies are now pooping neon green and neon blue. Does this mean I am giving too much corrid?

2. Eggcessive

Eggcessive Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Apr 3, 2011
    southern Ohio
    Green droppings are usually from not eating food. How much Corid are you mixing? Normally for an outbreak of cocci, the dosage is 2 tsp per gallon using the liquid, or 1 1/2 tsp of the powder Corid. Corid water should be the only source of water, and nothing else should be mixed with it.

3. silkmaster

Mar 26, 2016
    Colorado
    Crud! I am giving two tsp powder in one gallon. I figured they are older and can handle the higher end . Should I stop the probiotics and electrolytes?

4. Eggcessive

Eggcessive Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Apr 3, 2011
    southern Ohio
    Just take out a quart of the Corid water, and add more water to it. Actually, it is hard to overdose Corid, since they don't always drink a lot. I would save the probiotics and electrolytes , vitamins for after Corid.

5. bawkbawkbawk

bawkbawkbawk Chillin' With My Peeps

I've seen that neon green poop before with sick hens. I was told it had to do with dehydration.

6. silkmaster

Mar 26, 2016
    Colorado
    Ok we'll I'm force feeding water to them but two are angry ish Roos that's are a pain in the butt. When would I know they are clear and safe to be with the rest of my flock?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by