1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Nero "Doodled" ?!*!!

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by juliawitt, Nov 21, 2009.

1. juliawitt

juliawitt Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 9, 2009
    My "babies" are 14 weeks and 2 days. I was supposed to receive only pullets but I got 2 surprises.......1 GLW and 1 SLW roosters. Spartacus and Nero. Spartacus is truly not attractive but Nero is beautiful. He is still a small size compared to my 2 full grown hens, but he is just lovely. I let them out of the hen house today and while I was throwing scratch, Nero fluffed himself, stretched his neck and (for lack of a better word) made a "Doodle"! It really wasn't impressive, it sounded like he was kinda choked but it was LOUD! I was so excited, I ran all the way back to the house for my phone. He "Doodled" once more, before I had my phone ready, of course....but hasn't done it again. I am so proud!!! I think:ya I hope he won't start "Behaving Badly now...". I have decided to just enjoy the moment. My baby is growing up!

2. faykokoWV

faykokoWV Mrs Fancy Plants

Nov 4, 2008
    Cross Lanes, WV
    [​IMG]

3. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Ah, I love the first crows....or doodles. [​IMG]

4. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    LOL, congratulations! I love the learning to crow stage, always makes me smile.

My two Delaware Blue Hen roosters have not quite found the "doodle" yet.
    Cock a Doo Doo is the best I get. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by