nervious wreak !

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by my1stchicks, Apr 13, 2009.

1. my1stchicks

my1stchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2008
    North FL
    Please send good vibes my way. It's day 19 for my Seramas and I'm trying to stay calm but I'm so excited!!! I should see them staring to hatch today from what I've read. My broody is just sitting there! [​IMG] I'll be glad when work is over, this is killing me [​IMG]

2. birdlover

birdlover Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Northern Va.
    Here ya go! [​IMG] You can relax if you have a broody hen doing the work. I would be a nervous wreck, too, if I had to depend on my incubator!

3. Panther Creek Poultry

Panther Creek Poultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 5, 2008
    Clarksburg, MO
    I don't know much about seramas, but most Large Fowl Chickens don't hatch til 21 days. I have heard that the bantams do sometimes happen to hatch early. I bet you can hardly stand the wait. Keep us posted on the outcome and best of luck.

Sheila

4. my1stchicks

May 12, 2008
    North FL
    Thank you, my big fear is that I don't know if she'll be a good mom or not, she's a standard cochin and well ya know the babies are going to be tiny [​IMG][​IMG].

5. Ondra's Seramas

Ondra's Seramas Drowning in Seramas

Feb 19, 2009
    North Central WA
    Quote:Most seramas hatch on day 19 [​IMG]

6. BluegrassSeramas

BluegrassSeramas Serama Savvy

Aug 25, 2008
    Central Kentucky
    Did you have any luck? [​IMG]

7. Panther Creek Poultry

Panther Creek Poultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 5, 2008
    Clarksburg, MO
    Thanks Bluegrass - see I learn something everyday. I had heard that bantams sometimes hatch early but didn't know it was commonplace.

Sheila

8. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

How's it going ...................... [​IMG]

9. my1stchicks

May 12, 2008
    North FL
    Well I got 1 baby [​IMG].

I had one hatch but die and 1 never hatched. [​IMG] The others died sometime after the 16th day when I stopped candling.
    Not a very good hatch but I'm happy with my baby, here it is with the standard cochin that hatched it. Just wish the other 2 would have lived so this one would have a friend.

Thank you chickenzoo for the eggs and I'm sorry the hatch wasn't any better but for mine and her first time I'm happy.

[​IMG]

Edited to add pic

Last edited: Apr 17, 2009
  10. birdlover

birdlover Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Northern Va.
    That picture is sooooo adorable!!! Congratulations on even ONE! I hear Seramas are very difficult to hatch because of some gene that kills them in shell? The picture sort of reminds me of the Walt Disney Story of Dumbo. Not sure why. Maybe you could locate another newly hatched baby or two to keep the little one company? Sorry about the others. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by